This book teaches the reader how to brew beer at home, assuming no prior knowledge of brewing. It goes on to teach more advanced techniques, troubleshoot problems, answer frequently asked questions and includes a chapter on formulating original recipes for a multitude of styles. Appendices provide information on every modern beer style, hundreds of yeast strains and how to select between them, and detailed information on over 100 hop varieties.
* The most detailed homebrewing book ever written
* 547 pages covering everything from your very first batch to recipe formulation
* 34 original recipes
* 57 pages on troubleshooting
* 37 pages answering frequently asked questions
* Fully referenced
* Individual chapters describing each ingredient
* Tables for imitating famous water sources, calculating bitterness, dissolved oxygen, priming rates, and more
* Information gathered from dozens of professional texts and brewing research papers
* Appendices describing: 99 beer styles, 119 hop varieties (aroma, flavor, substitutions), 245 dry and liquid yeasts (attenuation, flocculation, preferred temperature, aroma, flavor, and more)
* Award-winning recipe formulation techniques
* Teaches beer tasting and palate training
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Al Korzonas is one of the most knowledgeable writers in the field of amateur brewing. He has been brewing since 1987, has won over 100 awards for his beers, has written many articles on beer and brewing, and has attained the rank of Master in the Beer Judge Certification Program. This book is unique in that the reader need only read chapter two to brew their very first batch of beer. Al explains all aspects of brewing in terms that anyone can understand and provides more troubleshooting information than most of the other homebrewing books combined. The book is fully referenced, contains more than 50 recipes and an entire chapter dedicated to teaching the reader how to create their own original recipes.From the Author:
I'm passionate about beer and brewing. After more than a decade of homebrewing and helping others with their brewing problems over the Internet, I decided to write a book about it in an effort to reach more homebrewers (current and potential). Homebrewing is a hobby that allows you to get involved at a variety of levels. Some may choose to just brew the same recipe over and over, just to keep the refrigerator stocked with beer. Others may choose to try a new style or recipe on each batch. The most dedicated homebrewers can investigate the science behind the art of brewing. I wrote this book with the intention of providing a resource to all three types of homebrewers. You can read it cover-to-cover or you can simply read chapter two and begin brewing, referring back to the book to solve any problems with your beer should they ever arise.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Sheaf & Vine, 1997. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P110965521907
Descripción Estado de conservación: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Nº de ref. de la librería 97809655219011.0
Descripción Sheaf & Vine. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 0965521907 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW6.0646894
Descripción Sheaf & Vine, 1997. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0965521907