This guide covers all aspects of Apache Web Server administration, focusing on deployment, configuration and management. First, it takes the reader through source compilation, binary installations and configuration issues. It then addresses advanced topics such as CGI, SSI configurations and their implications for server and security models. It alerts readers to likely risks and provides risk avoidance techniques. Finally, advanced topics include: obtaining maximum performance from the Web server; handling user authentication; monitoring; and issues related to the latest version of the HTTP protocol. The enclosed CD includes utitlities discussed in the book and third-party products to assist Apache installation and management.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
"Kabir has done it again! The Apache Server 2 Bible is an invaluable reference for both beginning and experienced administrators." --Elizabeth Zinkann, Sys Admin Magazine Contributing Editor and Review Columnist
* Configure Apache Server for a Linux/Unix or Win32 system
* Leverage Apache using SSI, CGI, PHP, Perl, and Java servlets
* Secure your site using SSL, certificate-signing services, and other tools
If Apache Server 2 can do it, you can do it too . . . Updated for the latest Apache release and packed with real-world examples, this all-in-one reference shows you step by step how to take full advantage of Apache Server - and create a Web site that's fast, secure, and easy to maintain. Bestselling author Mohammed Kabir offers complete guidance on every detail of Apache implementation, from installation and configuration to Web site administration, server-side applications, security, and performance tuning. Whether you're a novice Web administrator or an Apache veteran, this is the only book you need to harness the power of the world's leading Web server.
Inside, You'll Find Complete Coverage of Apache Server 2
* Master source compilation and binary installation
* Customize Apache to match your system
* Create and manage virtual Web sites with Apache
* Monitor server performance with a log analyzer package
* Set up an Apache-based proxy server
* Create a Web cycle involving development, testing, and production systems
* Turbocharge Web interactivity with FastCGI, PHP, Perl, and Java servlets
* Secure Apache with Apache SSL and your own Certificate Authority
* Configure Apache for Win32 systems
* Create a high-availability Web network using Apache
* Apache Web Server
* PHP, Perl, mod_ perl, MySQL, and other open source tools for dynamic Web pages
* OpenSSL and ApacheSSL security software
* Plus all sample code from the book and more
Mohammed J. His company specializes in Web-based software development and provides various custom software solutions to companies all around the globe. When he is not busy managing software projects or writing books, Kabir enjoys riding mountain bikes and watching sci-fi movies. pl?idgbook:0-7645-3306-1:book-idg::uidg239454">Apache Server Administrator's Handbook, and CGI Primer for Windows. You can contact Kabir via e-mail.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Estado de conservación: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Nº de ref. de la librería 97807645321841.0
Descripción Wiley Publishing. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 0764532189 Ships promptly. Nº de ref. de la librería GRW4238ECGG022717H0711
Descripción Wiley Publishing, 1998. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P110764532189
Descripción Wiley Publishing, 1998. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0764532189
Descripción Wiley Publishing. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 0764532189 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW6.0410807