* Essential reading for administrators of Red Hat Linux who download the software
* The book to read after The Official Red Hat Linux User's Guide (0-7645-4967-7)
* Includes high-end Red Hat administration instruction on features such as GRUB and ext3
* Advanced topics cover creating network scripts, configuring Apache and Samba, Kickstart installations, and configuration of major protocols such as SSH, LDAP, DHCP, and BIND
RED HAT PRESS(TM)
Linux Solutions from the Experts at Red Hat
Red Hat-the world's leading Linux company-presents a series of unrivaled guides that are reviewed and approved by the experts at Red Hat. Each book is packed with invaluable tips and techniques that are ideal for everyone from beginning to advanced network and systems professionals, as well as home and small businesses.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
"The Administrator's Guide helps administrators configure, customize, deploy and manage Red Hat Linux with customer-proven approaches to real-world problems." -Michael Tiemann, CTO, Red Hat
Red Hat sealed and approved! Compiled by Red Hat's own documentation team and reviewed by a Red Hat qualified technical expert, this comprehensive, authoritative guide delivers all the know-how you need to manage Linux networks and systems, troubleshoot problems, and provide optimum client service.
You'll find in-depth coverage of creating network scripts, configuring Apache and Samba, Kickstart installations, and managing major protocols such as SSH, LDAP, DHCP, and BIND. Learn what you need to know about Red Hat Linux 8 exclusives like GRUB and ext3 and get extensive information on topics most Linux guides don't even address, like Tripwire, PAM, Samba, and RAID.
This guidebook is your single official source for documentation, instruction, and answers about Red Hat Linux 8.
Proven Red Hat Linux Administration Solutions
* Understand the pros and cons of Kerberos 5 and configure both server and client
* Upgrade the kernel and learn about working with kernel modules
* Add SMB, NCP, and JetDirect printers, modify existing printers, and configure the CUPS system
* Manage console access and use xinetd to control access to services
* Configure, enhance, and maintain an Apache secure server
* Select, configure, and update appropriate security installations
* Troubleshoot NFS, /proc, ext3, and the Red Hat Linux File System
* Add packages and maintain Red Hat Linux with regular updates
The Red Hat Documentation Team represents over ten years of experience in all aspects of Linux development, programming, and administration. They are also the authors of the Official Red Hat Linux User's Guide.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción *Red Hat, 2002. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110764516957
Descripción John Wiley & Sons. Estado de conservación: New. pp. 600. Nº de ref. de la librería 7576446
Descripción *Red Hat, 2002. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. 1. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0764516957