* Focuses on software testing, which is one of the most important-and often the most overlooked-aspects of software development
* First book that demonstrates how to apply both existing and new design patterns to the job of testing Java software
* Explains how applying proven patterns to the testing of software can help ensure that applications function correctly and more efficiently, and are easier to maintain
* Patterns will be extensively reviewed online to ensure community support and endorsement
* Covers detailed patterns for unit, functional, database, and application deployment testing
* Provides complete Java code that applies each pattern to a real-world sample application
* Companion Web site provides code for Java pattern implementations, plus code for the sample applications and test suites
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Take your software development skills to the next level with this innovative approach to software testing
As an experienced Java developer, you’re probably well aware of how to use software design patterns for building better software. Now, these same lessons can be applied to software testing. With this comprehensive book, you’ll discover how to use testing patterns along with design patterns in order to make the overall development process a lot more efficient and ensure that your code is easier to maintain. Testing experts Thomas, Young, Brown, and Glover present a brief introduction to design patterns and then walk you through each of the essential types of tests that comprise a complete software test plan.
The authors then demonstrate how to use these patterns to build a real-world test suite. Each pattern contains complete Java code and detailed steps for using it to test an application. The authors also explore popular open source testing tools such as Ant and JUnit so you’ll have everything you need to implement a wide range of testing solutions.
With this book, you’ll quickly learn how to apply the patterns approach to software testing. The authors arm you with detailed patterns for each of the test types, including:
The companion Web site contains code for Java pattern implementations as well as code for sample applications and test suites. This site also includes diagrams from the book and a bonus chapter.About the Author:
JON THOMAS is a senior software engineer for ScriptSave, where he creates and adopts a variety of patterns for building and testing Java applications. He was also a contributor to the bestselling book Java Tools for Extreme Programming (Wiley).
MATTHEW YOUNG is the senior Java architect at HealthTrio in Tucson, Arizona. He champions the causes of UML, the Agile process, and engineering process improvement.
KYLE BROWN is a senior technical staff member with IBM Software Services for WebSphere. He has published more than fifty papers and articles on software-engineering topics, including database patterns.
ANDREW GLOVER is CTO for Vanward Technologies and specializes in building automated testing frameworks for Java and a variety of other platforms.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Wiley, 2004. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P11047144846X
Descripción Wiley, 2004. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería SONG047144846X
Descripción Wiley, 2004. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. 1. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX047144846X
Descripción Wiley. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 047144846X New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW6.3454723
Descripción Estado de conservación: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Nº de ref. de la librería 97804714484641.0