Includes thorough treatment of logistic and Poisson regression.
* Introduction to generalized estimating questions.
* Numerous examples in fields ranging from biology and biopharmaceuticals to engineering and quality assurance.
* Provides guidance in using widely available software to illustrate all aspects of model-fitting, inference, and diagnostic testing.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
A comprehensive introduction to generalized linear models, including logistic and Poisson regression
This volume presents a thorough introductory treatment of generalized linear models (GLM). It features useful examples of GLMs at work in a variety of settings ranging from applications in biology and biopharmaceuticals, to engineering and quality assurance.
The authors review the types of problems that support the use of GLMs, then provide an overview of many of the basic concepts of multiple linear regression and nonlinear regression. Fundamental concepts such as least squares and the maximum likelihood estimation procedure are discussed. Confidence intervals estimation, hypothesis testing procedures, and model diagnostic checking techniques such as residual plotting and influence diagnostics are also presented in detail. Further coverage includes:
* Model fitting, inference, and diagnostics for nonlinear regression
* Coverage of logistic and Poisson regression
* Vivid illustrations of model fitting, inference, and diagnostic checking using SAS PROC GENMOD and S-PLUS software
* Introduction to generalized estimating equations (GEEs)
Generalized Linear Models provides an in-depth introduction to the subject for graduate students in regression courses and for engineers, scientists, and statisticians who must understand and apply GLMs in their work.
RAYMOND H. MYERS is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Statistics at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia.
DOUGLAS C. MONTGOMERY is Professor in the Department of Industrial Engineering at Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona.
G. GEOFFREY VINING is Professor and Head of the Department of Statistics at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Wiley-Interscience, 2001. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 1. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0471355739
Descripción Wiley-Interscience, 2001. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P110471355739
Descripción Wiley-Interscience, 2001. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: Brand New. 1st edition. 342 pages. 9.50x6.50x0.75 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería zk0471355739