Solid, Accessible Coverage of the Basics of Wood Structure Design This invaluable guide provides a complete and practical introduction to the design of wood structures for buildings. Written to be easily understood by readers with limited experience in engineering mechanics, structural analysis, or advanced mathematics, the book includes:
* A comprehensive review of structural properties, including density, elasticity, defects, lumber gradings, and use classification
* A straightforward discussion of design methods and criteria--stress, strength, design values, loading, bracing, and more
* Extensive material on wood sections, from beam functions, behavior, and design to wood decks and wood columns
* Information based on current industry standards and construction practices
* Many building design examples, plus helpful study aids and references
Equally suited to classroom use or independent study, Simplified Design of Wood Structures, Fifth Edition is a superb resource for aspiring and practicing architects and engineers.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
JAMES AMBROSE is Editor of the Parker/Ambrose Series of Simplified Design Guides. He has practiced as an architect in California and Illinois, and as a structural engineer in Illinois. He recently retired as professor of architecture at the University of Southern California.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Wiley, 1997. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110471179892