Discover how to achieve commercial-grade recordings, even in the smallest studios, by applying power-user techniques from the world's most successful producers.
Recording Secrets for the Small Studio is an intensive training course specifically designed for small-studio enthusiasts who want a fast track to release-quality results. Based on the backroom strategies of more than 200 famous names, this thorough and down-to-earth guide leads you through a logical sequence of practical tasks to build your live-room skills progressively from the ground up. On the way, you'll unravel the mysteries of many specialist studio tactics and gain the confidence to tackle a full range of real-world recording situations. User-friendly explanations introduce technical concepts on a strictly need-to-know basis, while chapter summaries, assignments, and extensive online resources are perfect for school and college use.
* Learn the fundamental principles of mic technique that you can apply in any recording scenario -- and how to avoid those rookie mistakes that all too often compromise the sonics of lower-budget productions.
* Explore advanced techniques which help industry insiders maintain their competitive edge even under the most adverse conditions: creative phase manipulation, improvised acoustics tweaks, inventive monitoring workarounds, subtle psychological tricks...
* Find out where you don't need to spend money, as well as how to make a limited budget really count.
* Make the best use of limited equipment and session time, especially in situations where you're engineering and producing single-handed.
* Pick up tricks and tips from celebrated engineers and producers across the stylistic spectrum, including Steve Albini, Roy Thomas Baker, Joe Barresi, Tchad Blake, Bruce Botnick, Joe Chiccarelli, Neil Dorfsman, Jack Douglas, Geoff Emerick, Paul Epworth, Humberto Gatica, Nigel Godrich, Andy Johns, Eddie Kramer, Kevin Killen, George Massenburg, Hugh Padgham, Alan Parsons, Jack Joseph Puig, Phil Ramone, Bob Rock, Elliott Scheiner, Al Schmitt, Bruce Swedien, Butch Vig, Tony Visconti, and many, many more...Biografía del autor:
Mike Senior is a professional engineer who has worked with Wet Wet Wet, The Charlatans, Reef, Therapy, and Nigel Kennedy. He specialises in adapting the techniques of top producers for those working on a budget, writing regularly for Sound On Sound magazine's 'Mix Rescue', 'Session Notes', and 'Mix Review' columns. He is also the author of the best-selling Focal Press book Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería 21396399-n
Descripción Estado de conservación: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Nº de ref. de la librería SHUB2272
Descripción Estado de conservación: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Ship by express service to USA, Canada, Australia, France, Italy, UK, Germany and Netherland. Customer satisfaction our priority. Nº de ref. de la librería ABE-FEB-2272
Descripción Taylor Fransis. Estado de conservación: New. Brand New. Nº de ref. de la librería 0415716705
Descripción Estado de conservación: Brand New. New, US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Nº de ref. de la librería ABEUSA-2272
Descripción Focal Press, 2014. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería 0415716705
Descripción Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Brand New Book, 460 Pages, READY TO SHIP BUY WITH CONFIDENCE, Note:***WE DO NOT ENTERTAIN BULK ORDERS.***. Nº de ref. de la librería 622303
Descripción Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Brand New Book. Nº de ref. de la librería 38038
Descripción Focal Press, 2014. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P110415716705
Descripción Focal Pr, 2014. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Brand New. 447 pages. 9.50x8.00x0.75 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería zk0415716705