Cohen's Pathways of the Pulp Expert Consult, 10e
The definitive endodontics reference, Cohen’s Pathways of the Pulp is known for its comprehensive coverage of leading-edge information, materials, and techniques. It examines all aspects of endodontic care, from preparing the clinician and patient for endodontic treatment to the role the endodontist can play in the treatment of traumatic injuries and to the procedures used in the treatment of pediatric and older patients. Not only does Hargreaves and Cohen’s 10th edition add five chapters on hot new topics, it also includes online access! As an Expert Consult title, Cohen’s Pathways of the Pulp lets you search the entire contents of the book on your computer, and includes five online chapters not available in the printed text, plus videos, a searchable image collection, and more. For evidence-based endodontics research and treatment, this is your one-stop resource!
- A diverse and respected group of contributors includes experts such as Louis Berman, Gerald Glickman, Richard Walton, Gary Hartwell, and many more.
- Preparation for Treatment chapter examines the issues that must be addressed before nonsurgical root canal treatment can begin, including proper infection control and occupational safety procedures for the entire health care team and treatment environment, appropriate communication with the patient (including case presentation and informed consent), premedication, effective administration of local anesthesia, a quality radiographic or digital-image survey, and thorough isolation of the treatment site.
- Cleaning and Shaping of the Root Canal System chapter includes a new section on preventing/treating sodium hypochlorite accidents, and also addresses the framework of root canal treatment, the technical and clinical issues surrounding cleaning and shaping, and canal preparation and cleaning techniques.
- Records and Legal Responsibilities chapter includes legal forms and descriptions of legal processes, guidelines for record keeping, and information on HIPAA doctor-patient rights and responsibilities, so you can avoid potential legal issues, operate your practice more smoothly and professionally, and know your options in all situations.
- The Role of Endodontics After Dental Traumatic Injuries chapter focuses on the role of the dentino-pulpal complex in the pathogenesis of disease subsequent to dentinal trauma and how treatment of this complex can contribute to favorable healing.
- Periradicular Surgery chapter covers this predictable, cost-effective alternative to extraction and tooth replacement with a new section on three-dimensional cone beam volumetric tomography and also covers topics including indications for periradicular surgery, the biological principles of wound healing, soft and hard tissue healing, systemic medications and the effect they have on wound healing, pre-operative evaluation, patient preparation, anesthesia, surgical access, periradicular curettage and biopsy, localized hemostasis, management of the root endguided tissue regeneration and endodontic surgery, intentional replantation, postoperative care, management of surgical complications, and more.
- Pediatric Endodontics chapter provides a review of current therapies for the prevention and treatment of pulpal disease in primary and young permanent teeth.
- Effects of Age and Systemic Health on Endodontics chapter discusses special considerations and procedures for older patients, including how medical and dental histories can impact treatment, diagnosis and treatment of the older patient, and endodontic surgery.
- Digital Technology in Endodontic Practice chapter discusses integrating technology into the office, including the use of electronic records, with a new section on radiation addressing the NCRP recommendations, quality assurance, and patient education, and a section on Cone Beam CT examining CBCT advantages such as lower cost, less radiation, and greater accuracy, along with the newly introduced hybrid units like the Kodak 9000 3D extraoral imaging system.
- Online access to the complete, fully searchable contents of the book makes it easy to find clinical answers quickly.
- Five chapters are available online only: Understanding and Managing the Fearful Dental Patient, The Law and Dental Technology: Focus on Endodontics, Digital Technologies in Endodontic Practice, CBCT for Endodontics, and Endodontic Practice Management.
- Updates address the latest developments in the field.
- Videos and animations demonstrate key procedures, such as palpation of the masseter muscle, introsseous anesthesia with the X-tip™ system, dentin hypersensitivity, indirect ultrasound, palpation of the temporomandibular joint, ultrasonic settling, and more.
- An online image library includes all of the book’s images, organized by chapter, in a user-friendly format ― allowing you to search for what you want and then save images into a virtual "Light Box" or straight into a PowerPoint presentation.
- NEW Pathobiology of the Periapex chapter covers apical periodontitis and infection, asymptomatic apical periodontitis (apical granuloma), infection apical periodontitis and systemic diseases, wound healing of apical periodontitis, and much more.
- NEW Restoration of Endodontically Treated Teeth chapter covers topics such as the special features of endodontically treated teeth, restorative materials, pretreatment evaluation and treatment strategy, and a variety of clinical procedures including direct composite restorations, veneers, amalgam core, composite core and white post, and more.
- NEW Regenerative Endodontics chapter.
- NEW CBCT for Endodontics chapter.
- NEW Endodontic Practice Management chapter.
- A drug database ― powered by Gold Standard ― lets you access drug information by indications, contraindications, and adverse reactions.
- A Challenge lets you assess your understanding with multiple-choice questions based on chapter-specific discussions or case scenarios, including answers and rationales.
- A glossary defines evidence-based terms, as provided by The Journal of Evidence-Based Dental Practice.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
About the Author
Clinical Associate Professor Department of Endodontics School of Dentistry University of Maryland Baltimore, MD Faculty, Albert Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia, PA Private Practice, Annapolis Endodontics Annapolis, MD Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.