Joint Mobilization/Manipulation: Extremity and Spinal Techniques, 2e
This highly illustrated text is the only book to include manipulation and mobilization techniques for both spine and extremity. This edition includes a new title that reflects the focus on evidence- based practice as well as more information on the spine, most notably with regard to joint play. Clearly labeled photos show the direction of force in techniques. A companion DVD offers video demonstrating how to perform the major procedures covered in the text.
- Description of joint mobilization, along with pictures, make procedures easy to understand and then perform.
- Unique focus on spine and extremities provides learners with information all in one place.
- Contraindications/precautions and indications included for each joint mobilization help to apply mobilizations to actual clinical situations.
- Evidence-based introductions begin each chapter to provide the latest research and rationalization for specific procedures.
- New information on the examination of joint play, especially in reference to the spine, provides the latest information available.
- Clearly labeled photos show the direction of force on the photographs that show the techniques.
- More information on osteokinematic and arthrokinematic motion, and degrees of freedom, provides perspective on the body planes.
- Better definitions of mobilization and manipulation.
- In the cervical spine chapter, additional mobilization techniques, such as Paris cervical gliding, have been added.
- Grade V (thrust) techniques have been added to the spine chapters
- More muscle energy techniques added to spine chapters
- Companion CD-ROM includes videos of manipulation and mobilization techniques covered in the text.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.