This radiography text focuses on about 200 of the most commonly performed radiographic exams, featuring a clear, easy-to-follow organization. It presents positioning and projection information in an easy-to-read, bulleted format on one side of the page spread, with corresponding positioning photos, radiographic images and anatomical drawings on the other side. Expert content covers pathology, geriatric and pediatric patient populations, survey information, and 100 new positioning photographs for the latest in radiographic positioning. The 6th edition contains a new chapter on digital imaging, and digital imaging information is incorporated where appropriate throughout the book. New photographs and redrawn illustrations create a consistent, visual appearance throughout the book.
· Characterized by a clear, easy-to-follow organization that features one projection per page. Positioning and projection information is presented in an easy-to-read bulleted format on the left side of the page, and positioning photos, radiographic images and anatomical drawings are aligned on the right. This "show and tell" style helps students visualize anatomy and understand positioning.
· Includes about 200 of the most commonly requested projections. Competency in performing these projections is necessary for all entry-level practitioners. By contrast, Merrill's Atlas includes over 400 projections and much more information on advanced imaging.
· Critique Radiographs provide the basis of classroom or lab discussion. The WB/LM contains questions specific to these radiographs.
· Pathologic Indications in appropriate chapters - Introducing pathology with positioning helps students understand the whole patient and improves their ability to produce radiographs that make diagnosis easy for the physician.
· Pediatric Applications in appropriate chapters prepare technologists to deal competently with the special needs of their pediatric patients.
· Geriatric Applications in appropriate chapters - Important information for technologists to understand the varying needs of their patient base.
· Alternative Modalities or procedures inform students of which projections can better demonstrate certain anatomical parts or pathology, or which may be necessary if patient is unable to cooperate fully.
· Radiographic Criteria on positioning pages help students develop a routine for evaluating radiographic quality.
· Pathology Demonstrated provides students with a larger frame of reference, and therefore a greater understanding, of each projection
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
The perfect "essentials" text - and so much more!
Featuring Ken Bontrager's pioneering, "show and tell" approach to radiographic positioning.
Kenneth L. Bontrager, MA, RT(R)
John Lampignano, MEd, RT(R) (CT), Gateway Community College, Phoenix, AZ
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Mosby, 2005. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 6. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0323025072
Descripción Hardcover. Estado de conservación: BRAND NEW. NEW Book in Mint Condition -- Great DEAL !! Fast Shipping -- Friendly Customer Service -- Buy with Confidence!. Nº de ref. de la librería RP0323025072BN
Descripción Hardcover. Estado de conservación: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Nº de ref. de la librería 0323025072BNA
Descripción Mosby, 2005. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110323025072
Descripción Estado de conservación: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Nº de ref. de la librería 97803230250721.0
Descripción Mosby Inc, 2005. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: Brand New. 6th edition. 850 pages. 12.50x9.50x2.00 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería zk0323025072