Esta edición ISBN ya no está disponible.Ver todas las copias de esta edición ISBN.
Book by Bilton Nick
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
"A bold and provocative look at the future of storytelling. It's about the virtues of video games, the science of cocktail parties, and the new business model of journalism. It's about a world in which the medium is mostly irrelevant, and the message is everything. Read this book if you want to get your message right."
--Jonah Lehrer, author of the New York Times bestseller How We Decide
Are we driving off a digital cliff and heading for disaster, unable to focus, maintain concentration, or form the human bonds that make life worth living? Are media and business doomed and about to be replaced by amateur hour?
The world, as Nick Bilton—with tongue-in-cheek—shows, has been going to hell for a long, long time, and what we are experiencing is the twenty-first-century version of the fear that always takes hold as new technology replaces the old. In fact, as Bilton shows, the digital era we are part of is, in all its creative and disruptive forms, the foundation for exciting and engaging experiences not only for business but society as well.
Both visionary and practical, I Live in the Future & Here’s How It Works captures the zeitgeist of an emerging age, providing the understanding of how a radically changed media world is influencing human behavior:
· With a walk on the wild side—through the porn industry—we see how this business model is leading the way, adapting product to consumer needs and preferences and beating piracy.
· By understanding how the Internet is creating a new type of consumer, the “consumnivore,” living in a world where immediacy trumps quality and quantity, we see who is dictating the type of content being created.
· Through exploring the way our brains are adapting, we gain a new understanding of the positive effect of new media narratives on thinking and action. One fascinating study, for example, shows that surgeons who play video games are more skillful than their nonplaying counterparts.
· Why social networks, the openness of the Internet, and handy new gadgets are not just vehicles for telling the world what you had for breakfast but are becoming the foundation for “anchoring communities” that tame information overload and help determine what news and information to trust and consume and what to ignore.
· Why the map of tomorrow is centered on “Me,” and why that simple fact means a totally new approach to the way media companies shape content.
· Why people pay for experiences, not content; and why great storytelling and extended relationships will prevail and enable businesses to engage with customers in new ways that go beyond merely selling information, instead creating unique and meaningful experiences.
I Live in the Future & Here’s How It Works walks its own talk by creating a unique reader experience: Semacodes embedded in both print and eBook versions will take readers directly to Bilton’s website (www.NickBilton.com), where they can access videos of the author further developing his point of view and also delve into the research that was key to shaping the central ideas of the book. The website will also offer links to related content and the ability to comment on a chapter, allowing the reader to join the conversation.
From the Hardcover edition.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción 2011. PAP. Condición: New. New Book. Shipped from US within 10 to 14 business days. Established seller since 2000. Nº de ref. del artículo: VR-9780307591128
Descripción Crown Business. PAPERBACK. Condición: New. 0307591123 *BRAND NEW* Ships Same Day or Next!. Nº de ref. del artículo: SWATI2132140319
Descripción Random House Inc. Paperback. Condición: New. New copy - Usually dispatched within 2 working days. Nº de ref. del artículo: B9780307591128
Descripción Crown Business. PAPERBACK. Condición: New. 0307591123 Dispatched from London. Nº de ref. del artículo: Z0307591123ZN
Descripción Crown Business, 2011. Condición: New. book. Nº de ref. del artículo: M0307591123
Descripción Crown Business, 2011. Condición: New. book. Nº de ref. del artículo: MB00QPV5IPU
Descripción Crown Business, 2011. Paperback. Condición: New. Nº de ref. del artículo: DADAX0307591123
Descripción Crown Pub, 2011. Paperback. Condición: Brand New. 1st edition. 304 pages. 8.00x5.00x0.75 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. del artículo: z-0307591123
Descripción Crown Business, 2011. Paperback. Condición: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. del artículo: P110307591123
Descripción 2011. Paperback. Condición: New. Paperback. Are we driving off a digital cliff and heading for disaster, unable to focus, maintain concentration, or form the human bonds that make life worth living? Are media and busine.Shipping may be from our Sydney, NSW warehouse or from our UK or US warehouse, depending on stock availability. 293 pages. 0.227. Nº de ref. del artículo: 9780307591128