Quantitative Methods for Business has been thoroughly revised and updated for this 4th edition, and continues to provide a simple and practical introduction to an area that students can find difficult. The book takes a non-threatening approach to the subject, avoiding excessive mathematics and abstract theory. It shows how to apply quantitative ideas to the real problems faced by managers.
The book includes numerous exercises and examples that help students understand the relevance of quantitative ideas to business. Assuming no previous knowledge, the text provides complete coverage for a first course in quantitative methods.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Quantitative Methods for Business
All students of management undertake a course in quantitative methods. These courses come in various guises, including quantitative analysis, decision analysis, business modelling and numerical analysis. This book describes a range of quantitative methods that are widely used in business and which every student of management will meet somewhere in their course. Whether studying for an HND, an MBA, a first degree or a professional qualification, students will appreciate the author's friendly style and practical approach.
Quantitative Methods for Business, fourth edition, employs an accessible five-part structure, leading the reader through the subject in a logical sequence.
· Part One introduces the subject, asks why managers use quantitative methods and reviews essential quantitative tools
· Part Two covers data collection and description, focusing in particular on how to ensure your data is reliable
· Part Three shows how quantitative methods can be used for solving different types of problems
· Part Four describes some statistical methods, focusing on probabilities, sampling and statistical inference
· Part Five suggests how statistical ideas may be used in decision analysis, quality management, inventory control and other areas
· Worked examples illustrate the principles discussed
· ‘Ideas in practice’ sections show how methods are actually used
· Covers a broad range of materials relevant to managers and students
· Case studies at the end of every chapter consolidate learning objectives
· Extensive pedagogical features, including self-assessment problems, chapter outlines and summaries, review questions and suggested research projects
About the author
Donald Waters is the author of several successful textbooks and is well known for his clarity of style and his student-friendly texts.
About the Author:
Donald Waters is the author of many successful textbooks and is well known for his clarity of style. He was a professor of finance and operations management and now works in management analysis, research and education.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Paperback. Estado de conservación: BRAND NEW. NEW Book in Mint Condition -- Great DEAL !! Fast Shipping -- Friendly Customer Service -- Buy with Confidence!. Nº de ref. de la librería RP0273694588BN
Descripción Estado de conservación: New. Our Ranking is Your Confidence! This is a brand new book! Fast Shipping - Safe and Secure Mailer - Our goal is to deliver a better item than what you are hoping for! If not we will make it right!. Nº de ref. de la librería 1XG77X0019KB_ns
Descripción Estado de conservación: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Nº de ref. de la librería 97802736945881.0
Descripción Prentice Hall 2007-12-20, 2007. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. 4. 0273694588. Nº de ref. de la librería 515770
Descripción Financial Times/ Prentice Hall, 2007. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería M0273694588
Descripción Pearson, 2007. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110273694588
Descripción Pearson. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 0273694588 New. Looks like an interesting title, learn more! We provide domestic tracking upon request. We provide personalized customer service and want you to have a great experience purchasing from us. 100% satisfaction guaranteed and thank you for your consideration. Nº de ref. de la librería S-0273694588
Descripción Prentice Hall, 2007. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. 4. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX0273694588