For Service Operations Management courses within undergraduate business studies. This is the first modern European-originated book to apply operations management specifically to the service sector, providing tools, frameworks and techniques for operational analysis and improvement. Building on the basic principles of operations management, the book examines the operations decisions that managers face in managing their resources and in delivering services to their customers.Although the emphasis is on operations, the text also recognises the impact of other management functions on service delivery. Indeed, the key issue of service delivery is the prime focus of the book.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Johnston: Service Operations Management
This major new text provides a refreshingly new, comprehensive and balanced introduction to Service Operations Management. Building on the basic principles of operations management, the book examines the operations decisions that managers may face in managing their resources and delivering services to their customers. Although the emphasis is on operations, the text also recognizes the impact of other management functions on service delivery. Indeed, the key issue of service delivery is the prime focus of the book. Requiring only basic knowledge of operations mangement theory, the book is easy-to-read and accessible to undergraduates as well as practising managers. As such, `Service Operations Management' will be an invaluable guide to students and managers confronting operational issues in service management.
* Provides a valuable operations management perspective on a large and growing, yet hitherto neglected area;
* Includes international examples from many types of organizations, such as: public sector, voluntary, mass transport services, professional services, retailers, internet services, tourism and hospitality to reflect the diversity of the service sector;
* Combines a practical approach with detailed theoretical underpinning to provide balanced coverage;
* Accessible - the contents are structured around 5 key tasks, thus breaking the subject into manageable chunks;
* Pedagogical features - each chapter provides: definitions of key terms and constructs; identifies key operations management issues; highlights a number of questions, ideas, frameworks, approaches and techniques showing how managers can improve their performance; real world illustrations; chapter summaries; case exercises; Further questions and reading;
* Instructors' Manual.
Full ISBN 0173-63922-6
"Johnston and Clark's Service Operations Management is an extraordinary textbook that immediately brings operations management to life for all managers." "Thomas Christiansen, Assistant Professor, Center for Technology, Economics and Management, Technical University of Denmark "Johnston and Clark is an outstanding text and should remain at the forefront of service management texts for the foreseeable future. It has attracted excellent student feedback." Geoffrey Plumb, Senior Lecturer, Staffordshire University "Finally, a book that encompasses and illustrates all the phases of service processes, giving the right emphasis to each rather than focusing exclusively on the marketing aspects of the service context." "Andrea Vinelli, Professor of Operations Management, University of Padova, Italy "Johnston and Clark is the textbook of choice for teaching Service Operations Management. Its coverage is balanced and its style induces active class discussion. The end-of-chapter cases are short and inviting while losing nothing essential." Hongtao Zhang, Associate Professor, School of Business and Management, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Prentice Hall, 2004. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110273639226
Descripción Prentice Hall, 2004. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería M0273639226