This hands-on, practical guide covers all aspects of recording, perfect for beginning and intermediate recording engineers, producers, musicians, and audio enthusiasts. Filled with tips and shortcuts, this book gives advice on equipping a home studio (both low-budget and advanced), suggestions for set-up, acoustics, choosing monitor speakers, and preventing hum. This best-selling guide also instructs how to judge recordings and improve them to produce maximum results.
New in the sixth edition:
* Complete update of digital media material, including updated equipment and microphone descriptions
* Digital performers and computer DAWs
*Additional material regarding ProTools ability to let owners choose other interfaces with their software
* More information on how the hook-ups in a studio work, with more advice on setting up a home project studio, and expansion of location recording material
* Further information on things like Auto-tune and multiband limiting, a useful plug-in round up
* Further information on workflow, addressing issues like file formats, uploading & downloading of songs and materials, and use of a computer as a recording device
* Expansion on Internet issues
* Updated home studio setup information, including the workflow with Windows 7 and Mac OSX
* Expansion of technicalities of MIDI, including data structure and controller codes
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Praise for the 5e: "...packed with well-illustrated graphics and pictures and gives extensive guidance on everything from studio and location recording techniques through to publishing your sounds on the web."-- James Eade, Lighting and Sound International
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Focal Press. Estado de conservación: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW Softcover-516pp- A Brand New Quality Book from a Full-Time Bookshop in business since 1992!. Nº de ref. de la librería 1963067
Descripción Focal Press, 2012. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P11024082153X
Descripción Focal Pr, 2012. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Brand New. 6th edition. 608 pages. 9.20x7.40x1.10 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería 024082153X