Esta edición ISBN ya no está disponible.Ver todas las copias de esta edición ISBN.
Book by du Pr Athena
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
"Communicating About Health is dynamic and exciting to read. It continues to represent a comprehensive and pragmatic approach to health communication. It integrates past, current, and developing trends."--Ellen R. Cohn, University of Pittsburgh
"This text is a comprehensive, thought-provoking, and engaging examination of health communication in theory and practice."--Jill Yamasaki, University of Houston
"Athena du Pre provides a sophisticated, content-rich, and engaging overview of the current issues and perspectives in health communication. By combining actual lived experiences, research support, theoretical foundations, communication skill strategies, and ethical considerations in health care issues, this book appeals to many audiences including health care professionals, patients, caregivers, researchers, and health communication educators."--Randa Garden, Wayne State College
Reseña del editor:
An ideal combination of communication theory and practical advice, Communicating About Health: Current Issues and Perspectives, Fourth Edition, is an indispensable resource for readers looking to improve their communication abilities in the health care field. Written by Athena du Pré--an experienced researcher and noted scholar--the text offers an excellent balance of theory and practice; research and pedagogy; coverage of patient/caregiver issues; and material on the current, historical, and philosophical backgrounds of communication in health care. In addition to enhancing features found in the previous edition, this new edition includes a greater emphasis on theory, narrative, and technology in order to reflect changes in the health industry.
What's New to the Fourth Edition?
* A new chapter--eHealth, mHealth, and Telemedicine--describes the global impact of smartphone and tablet technology, tailored health messages, and the Internet on the health industry
* A new chapter, Health Care Administration, Human Resources, Marketing, and PR, provides in-depth coverage of the contributions and communication strategies involved in leadership, morale, service excellence, community engagement, and more
* An expanded discussion of communication not only involves physicians and nurses but also pharmacists, allied health personnel, dentists, therapists, and others
* New features--"Can You Guess?," "What Do You Think?," "Check It Out!," and "In Your Experience"--offer a higher level of engagement with students and stimulate critical thinking and discussion
Support Package (contact your Oxford sales representative or call 800-280-0280 to request these resources)
* An interactive website, known as a Prezi, is available for each chapter at www.oup.com/us/dupre and includes videos, activities, discussion questions, key points, and more. Suitable for use in class or online.
* An Instructor's Manual and Test Bank, available both in print and online at www.oup.com/us/dupre, features sample syllabi, test questions, self-assessment activities, background reading, and more.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Oxford University Press, 2013. Paperback. Condición: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. del artículo: P110199990271
Descripción Oxford University Press. Condición: New. Brand New. Nº de ref. del artículo: 0199990271
Descripción Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Condición: New. 0199990271 New US Edition Textbook, Ships with Emailed Tracking from USA. Nº de ref. del artículo: Z0199990271ZN