Fifty years in the making, the Oxford Latin Dictionary is the first Latin-English dictionary based on a fresh reading of original sources. The Dictionary was published in eight fascicles between 1968 and 1982 and is now available in a single bound volume.
Features of the Oxford Latin Dictionary
· First Latin-English dictionary composed directly from original sources
· Comprehensive coverage of classical Latin with entries for approximately 40,000 words
· Based on a collection of over one million quotations that illustrate the meaning and use of Latin words from the earliest known instance
· Definitions are in modern English and based on modern lexicographical principles
· Up-to-date with the inclusion of better texts as well as epigraphical material that was previously unavailable
The Oxford Latin Dictionary is a comprehensive and authoritative reference work for students, teachers, professionals, and general readers interested in classical languages and literature, ancient history, medieval studies, languages, art history, ancient philosophy, religion, archaeology, law, medicine, and natural science.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Text: English, LatinReview:
"This is the long-awaited one-volume edition of the work that has been appearing regularly in fascicles since 1968. It is a work that any significant library ought to possess."--Library Journal
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Oxford University Press, 1983. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110198642245
Descripción Oxford University Press, 1983. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Brand New!. Nº de ref. de la librería VIB0198642245