Esta edición ISBN ya no está disponible.Ver todas las copias de esta edición ISBN.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
“The choice of ‘Real Stuff’ is judicious. The ‘Computers in the Real World’ sections are interesting to read and should widen the horizons of the too often too tech-oriented Sophomores and Juniors. On the whole this is a very solid book and the success of the third edition is assured as has been the success of its two predecessors.
–Jean-Loup Baer, University of Washington
“I am very impressed with the new sections 'Computers in the Real World.' It is very interesting and speaks to the students who would like to feel a connection between classroom materials and real-world applications. I am very pleased with the manuscript for the third edition. This revision is well-updated and a comprehensive introduction to the hardware and software fundamentals.
–David Brooks, Harvard University
“The logical development and explanations and examples were always great to begin with. The ‘Historical Perspectives’ have become even better-- they are part of the book that I enjoy most.
–David Harris, Harvey Mudd
What’s New in the Third Edition, Revised Printing
The same great book gets better! This revised printing features all of the original content along with these additional features:
· Appendix A (Assemblers, Linkers, and the SPIM Simulator) has been moved from the CD-ROM into the printed book
· Corrections and bug fixes
Third Edition features
New pedagogical features
· Understanding Program Performance
- Analyzes key performance issues from the programmer’s perspective
· Check Yourself Questions
- Helps students assess their understanding of key points of a section
· Computers In the Real World
- Illustrates the diversity of applications of computing technology beyond traditional desktop and servers
· For More Practice
- Provides students with additional problems they can tackle
· In More Depth
- Presents new information and challenging exercises for the advanced student
New reference features
· Highlighted glossary terms and definitions appear on the book page, as bold-faced entries in the index, and as a separate and searchable reference on the CD.
· A complete index of the material in the book and on the CD appears in the printed index and the CD includes a fully searchable version of the same index.
· Historical Perspectives and Further Readings have been updated and expanded to include the history of software R&D.
· CD-Library provides materials collected from the web which directly support the text.
In addition to thoroughly updating every aspect of the text to reflect the most current computing technology, the third edition
· Uses standard 32-bit MIPS 32 as the primary teaching ISA.
· Presents the assembler-to-HLL translations in both C and Java.
· Highlights the latest developments in architecture in Real Stuff sections:
- Intel IA-32
- Power PC 604
- Google’s PC cluster
- Pentium P4
- SPEC CPU2000 benchmark suite for processors
- SPEC Web99 benchmark for web servers
- EEMBC benchmark for embedded systems
- AMD Opteron memory hierarchy
- AMD vs. 1A-64
New support for distinct course goals
Many of the adopters who have used our book throughout its two editions are refining their courses with a greater hardware or software focus. We have provided new material to support these course goals:
New material to support a Hardware Focus
· Using logic design conventions
· Designing with hardware description languages
· Advanced pipelining
· Designing with FPGAs
· HDL simulators and tutorials
· Xilinx CAD tools
New material to support a Software Focus
· How compilers work
· How to optimize compilers
· How to implement object oriented languages
· MIPS simulator and tutorial
· History sections on programming languages, compilers, operating systems and databases
On the CD
· NEW: Search function to search for content on both the CD-ROM and the printed text
· CD-Bars: Full length sections that are introduced in the book and presented on the CD
· CD-Appendixes: Appendices B-D
· CD-Library: Materials collected from the web which directly support the text
· CD-Exercises: For More Practice provides exercises and solutions for self-study
· In More Depth presents new information and challenging exercises for the advanced or curious student
· Glossary: Terms that are defined in the text are collected in this searchable reference
· Further Reading: References are organized by the chapter they support
· Software: HDL simulators, MIPS simulators, and FPGA design tools
· Tutorials: SPIM, Verilog, and VHDL
· Additional Support: Processor Models, Labs, Homeworks, Index covering the book and CD contents
Instructor support provided on textbooks.elsevier.com:
· Solutions to all the exercises
· Figures from the book in a number of formats
· Lecture slides prepared by the authors and other instructors
· Lecture notes
*For the Revised Printing, Appendix A appears in the printed book rather than on the CD. This is the only change.
*Explains the latest benchmarking software including SPEC CPU2000 suite for processors, SPEC Web99 for web servers, and EEMBC for embedded systems
*Features the latest developments of the Intel IA-32 architecture as well as the Power PC 604, the AMD Opteron Memory, and the Intrinsity FastMATH processor.
*Compares MIPs assembler code to both C and Java
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Elsevier Exclusive., 2007. N.A. Condición: New. Nº de ref. del artículo: 517824
Descripción Softcover. Condición: New. 3rd Revised edition. Brand NEW, Paperback International Edition. Black & White or color, Cover and ISBN same with similar contents as US editions. Standard delivery takes 5-9 business days by USPS/DHL with tracking number. Choose expedited shipping for superfast delivery 3-5 business days by UPS/DHL/FEDEX. We also ship to PO Box addresses but by Standard delivery and shipping charges will be extra. International Edition Textbooks may bear a label -Not for sale in the U.S. or Canada- etc. printed only to discourage U.S. students from obtaining an affordable copy. Legal to use despite any disclaimer on cover as per US court. No access code or CD included unless specified. In some instances, the international textbooks may have different exercises at the end of the chapters. Printed in English. We may ship the books from multiple warehouses across the globe, including India depending upon the availability of inventory storage. In case of orders from Europe, custom charges may comply by the relevant government authority and we are not liable for it. 100% Customer satisfaction guaranteed! Please feel free to contact us for any queries. Nº de ref. del artículo: AB1618401
Descripción Morgan Kaufmann. PAPERBACK. Condición: New. 0123706068 Brand New ,Paperback , printed in english , Ready to ship, fast delivery (5-8 busienss days ) worldwide. Nº de ref. del artículo: AM29Y6301
Descripción Condición: Brand New. PAPERBACK,Book Condition New, International Edition. We Do not Ship APO FPO AND PO BOX. Cover Image & ISBN may be different from US edition but contents as US Edition. Printing in English language.NO CD AND ACCESS CODE. Quick delivery by USPS/UPS/DHL/FEDEX/ARAMEX ,Customer satisfaction guaranteed. We may ship the books from Asian regions for inventory purpose. Nº de ref. del artículo: ABECBS33JULY18#201
Descripción Elsevier Exclusive., 2007. Condición: New. Nº de ref. del artículo: CBS-9780123706065
Descripción Condición: Brand New. Brand New Original US Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Nº de ref. del artículo: AIND-11124
Descripción Condición: New. This is Brand NEW. Nº de ref. del artículo: Jaico-09072018-5598
Descripción Condición: New. Brand New Original US Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery.This item may ship fro the US or other locations in India depending on your location and availability. Nº de ref. del artículo: AUSBNEW-11124
Descripción Condición: New. This is Brand NEW. Nº de ref. del artículo: CBS 09072018-10193
Descripción Morgan Kaufmann. PAPERBACK. Condición: New. 0123706068 Brand New , Paperback , we ship from UK , EU ,fast delivery wordwide ( 5-8 business days ). Nº de ref. del artículo: 121N5719