The definitive machine design handbook for mechanical engineers, product designers, project engineers, design engineers, and manufacturing engineers covers every aspect of machine construction and operation. The 3rd edition of the Standard Handbook of Machine Design will be redesigned to meet the challenges of a new mechanical engineering age. In addition to adding chapters on structural plastics and adhesives, which are replacing the old nuts bolts and fasteners in design, the author will also update and streamline the remaining chapters.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
CHAPTER AND VERSE FOR DESIGN ENGINEERS
Known as the professionals' bible, Standard Handbook of Machine Design puts the formulas, solutions, and reference material engineers need at their fingertips. Definitive and comprehensive, this superlative reference provides:
* Two new chapters on the evolution of a successful machine design and pressure cylinders
* Classic computational methods
* Current codes and standards
* Comprehensive design solutions for topics such as Cams, Gears, Springs, Clutches, Brakes, and Bolted and Welded connections
* A thesaurus of mechanisms
* Tables, standards, and code data
* Reorganization for quick look-up of information
THE LATEST IDEAS IN MACHINE DESIGN AND ANALYSIS
· Standards, Codes, Regulations · Computational Considerations · Wear · Solid Materials · Strength of Cold-Worked & Heat-Treated Steels · Strength Under Static Circumstances · Welded Connection · Instabilities in Beams and Columns · Curved Beams and Rings · Seals · Flywheels Fits & Tolerances· Power Screws · Threaded Fasteners · Unthreaded Fasteners · Bolted & Riveted Joints · Springs · Lubrication · Gaskets · Rolling-Contact Bearings · Journal Bearings · Couplings · Structural Plastics & Adhesives · Clutches & Brakes · Belt Drives · Chain Drives · Spur Gears · Bevel and Hypoid Gears · Helical Gears · Worm Gearing · Shafts · Vibration & Control of Vibration · A Thesaurus of Mechanisms · Cam Mechanisms · Linkages · Load-Cycle Analysis · Corrosion · Gear Trains · Sections & Shapes · Tabular Data · Stress · Deflection ·
Joseph E. Shigley (deceased) was Professor Emeritus at the University of Michigan, Fellow in the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, received the Worcester Reed Warner medal in 1977 and their Machine Design Award in 1985. He was the author of eight books, including Theory of Machines and Mechanisms (with John J. Uicker, Jr.), and Applied Mechanics of Materials and Coeditor-in-Chief of the Standard Handbook of Machine Design.
Charles R. Mischke, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa. He has authored many technical papers on designing to a reliability specification, computer-aided design, and design morphology. His was Coeditor-in-Chief, with J.E. Shigley, of the Standard Handbook of Machine Design, First and Second Editions.
Thomas Hunter Brown, Jr., Ph.D., PE, is Professor of Mechanical Engineering at North Carolina State University. He currently manages both the FE review program and the Civil Engineering PE Review Program at the University's Institute for Transportation Research and Education (ITRE), in addition to fulfilling his course development and teaching responsibilities. Brown also teaches review courses for the Mechanical Engineering PE Review Program offered by the University and a private professional development firm. Prior to coming to NC State, Dr. Brown worked as a mechanical engineer for Scientific-Atlanta, Inc., Fluor Daniel Construction, and Burlington Industries, where he specialized in stress analysis and machine design.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción McGraw-Hill Professional 2004-06-25, 2004. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 3. 0071441646. Nº de ref. de la librería 563355
Descripción McGraw-Hill Education, 2004. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110071441646
Descripción McGraw-Hill Education, 2004. HRD. Estado de conservación: New. New Book. Shipped from UK in 4 to 14 days. Established seller since 2000. Nº de ref. de la librería CM-9780071441643
Descripción Estado de conservación: New. New Book. Nº de ref. de la librería 0071441646SBK
Descripción McGraw-Hill Education, 2004. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería M0071441646
Descripción McGraw-Hill, 2004. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: Brand New. 3rd edition. 1200 pages. 9.00x6.00x1.75 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería __0071441646