Psychological Science: Modeling Scientific Literacy (Paperback)
Disponible en otras libreríasVer todos los ejemplares de este libro
Brand new! Please provide a physical shipping address. N° de ref. de la librería 9780134101583
Sobre este título:
Helping students become scientifically literate.
Psychological Science: Modeling Scientific Literacy helps students view psychology as a practical, modern science?and gives them the tools to better understand their world.
Organized around a scientific literacy model, the text?s content and features encourage scientific inquiry, prompting students to ask a series of scientific-minded questions about each topic. All aspects of the book?the topics covered, learning objectives, quizzes, even the modular format?have been developed to enable students to categorize the overwhelming amount of information they encounter, and to ignite their interest in psychological science.
To ensure that scientific literacy is at the core, content and features are organized around a scientific literacy model asking students:
o What do we know about this?
o How can science help to explain this?
o Can we critically evaluate the evidence?
o Why is this relevant?
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning ? The new MyPsychLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking ? Features have been carefully chosen to reinforce the development of complex thinking skills.
- Engage Students ? Substantial end-of-chapter materials and the new MyPsychLab Video Series provide an interactive educational experience for students. YouTube links direct students to highly relevant and engaging video content.
- Explore Research ? Research methodology is included and explored throughout the text to improve students? scientific literacy skills.
- Understand Culture and Diversity - A Biopsychosocial Perspectives feature reminds students that behavior is affected by biology, individual thoughts and experiences, and social and cultural factors.
- Support Instructors - An Annotated Instructor?s Edition, Test Bank (both print and computerized), Interactive PowerPoints, and the new MyPsychLab Video Series are just some of the resources available which provide instructors with the ultimate supplements package.
Note: MyPsychLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyPsychLab, please visit: www.mypsychlab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MyPsychLab (at no additional cost). VP: 9780205743681
Biografía del autor:
Dr. Mark Krause received his Bachelor?s and Master?s degrees at Central Washington University, and his PhD at the University of Tennessee in 2000. He completed a post-doctoral appointment at the University of Texas at Austin where he studied classical conditioning of sexual behavior in birds. Following this, Krause accepted a research fellowship through the National Institute of Aging to conduct research on cognitive neuroscience at Oregon Health and Sciences University. He has conducted research and published on pointing and communication in chimpanzees, predatory behavior in snakes, the behavioral and brain basis of conditioned sexual behavior, and the influence of testosterone on cognition and brain function. Krause began his teaching career as a doctoral candidate and continued to pursue this passion even during research appointments. His teaching includes courses in general psychology, learning and memory, and behavioral neuroscience. Krause is currently an associate professor of psychology at Southern Oregon University, where his focus is on teaching, writing, and supervising student research. He spends his spare time riding and racing his bike, cooking, reading, and enjoying Oregon's outdoors.
Dr. Daniel Corts received his B.S. in Psychology from Belmont University and his PhD in Experimental Psychology at the University of Tennessee in 1999. He completed a post-doctoral position at Furman University for one year where he focused on the teaching of psychology. Corts is now Associate Professor of Psychology at Augustana College in Rock Island, IL, where he has been for over 10 years. While in graduate school, he focused on language and gesture production. He has since branched out to explore intentional forgetting, and has also published in the area of college student development. Corts also likes to conduct research in just about any topic his students wish to explore. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his two children, traveling, camping, and cooking.
Título: Psychological Science: Modeling Scientific ...
Año de publicación: 2015
Encuadernación: Soft cover
Condición del libro: New
Opciones de pago
Opciones de pago aceptados por la librería
Sanford, NC, Estados Unidos de America
Librería en AbeBooks desde: 4 de enero de 2012
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the Abebooks web sites. If
you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as Described/Damaged) or if the
order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery
date. If you've changed your mind about a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask
bookseller a question link to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.
54391 Village Center Drive
Idyllwild, CA ...
Condiciones de envío:
Orders usually ship within 3 business days.
Descripción de la librería: Established in 2010, Palexbooks is a US-based distributer of textbooks from major publishing houses such as Pearson Education, McGraw-Hill, and Harper Collins.