Spectacular scenery, ancient ruins, unspoiled villages, friendly pubs - the Emerald Isle has it all. Whether you're diving the waters off the western coast or diving into the clubs of Dublin, this indispensable guide is packed with everything you need to know.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
From Antarctica to Zimbabwe, if you're going there, chances are Lonely Planet has been there first. With a pithy and matter-of-fact writing style, these guides are guaranteed to calm the nerves of first-time world travelers, while still listing off-the-beaten-path finds sure to thrill even the most jaded globetrotters. Lonely Planet has been perfecting its guidebooks for nearly 30 years and as a result, has the experience and know-how similar to an older sibling's "been there" advice. The original backpacker's bible, the LP series has recently widened its reach. While still giving insights for the low-budget traveler, the books now list a wide range of accommodations and itineraries for those with less time than money.
From pub-hopping and leprechaun-chasing to Ogham stones and the Book of Kells, Lonely Planet presents the essential Ireland. In addition to the requisite lowdown on food and accommodations, a detailed activities section covers everything from walking and birdwatching to hang gliding and rock climbing. The book's intriguing "boxed asides" delve into topics ranging from the mystical to the environmental, including the witch of Kilkenny, the legend of Inishbofin Island, the Birr Observatory and Telescope, even Ireland's disappearing bogs. --Kathryn TrueFrom the Publisher:
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travellers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Lonely Planet Publications. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 1864503793 Ships promptly. Nº de ref. de la librería Z1864503793ZN
Descripción Lonely Planet Publications, 2002. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería M1864503793
Descripción Lonely Planet Publications, 2002. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P111864503793
Descripción Lonely Planet Publications. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 1864503793 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW7.1712942