Esta edición ISBN ya no está disponible.Ver todas las copias de esta edición ISBN.
Book by Peterson Larry L Davie Bruce S
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
"This third edition represents another major upgrade...But it has not lost track of its larger goal, to tell you not only the facts but the why behind the facts...What this book will teach you in today's networked world will give the insight needed to work in tomorrow's landscape."
-From the Foreword by David Clark, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
"This book is valuable for students and professionals. Thanks to its various enhancements, it is unquestionably a rich resource of knowledge on networking technologies. The interesting way the authors wrote it causes readers to be absorbed in the book." - IEEE Communications Magazine - Rafal Stankiewicz
In this new edition of their classic and bestselling textbook, authors Larry Peterson and Bruce Davie continue to emphasize why networks work the way they do. Their "system approach" treats the network as a system composed of interrelated building blocks (as opposed to strict layers), giving students and professionals the best possible conceptual foundation on which to understand current networking technologies, as well as the new ones that will quickly take their place.
Incorporating instructor and user feedback, this edition has also been fully updated and includes all-new material on MPLS and switching, wireless and mobile technology, peer-to-peer networks, Ipv6, overlay and content distribution networks, and more. As in the past, all instruction is rigorously framed by problem statements and supported by specific protocol references, C-code examples, and thought-provoking end-of-chapter exercises.
New to the edition is a downloadable network stimulation lab manual that allows students to visualize and experiment with core networking technologies in direct coordination with the book's discussion. Thanks to this and many other enhancements, Computer Networks: A Systems Approach remains an essential resource for a successful classroom experience and a rewarding career in networking.
* Written by an author team with over thirty years of first-hand experience in networking research, development, and teaching--two leaders in the work of defining and implementing many of the protocols discussed in the book.
* Includes all-new coverage and updated material on MPLS and switching, wireless and mobile technology, peer-to-peer networks, Ipv6, overlay and content distribution networks, VPNs, IP-Telephony, network security, and multimedia communications (SIP, SDP).
* Additional and earlier focus on applications in this edition makes core protocols more accessible and more meaningful to readers already familiar with networked applications.
* Features chapter-framing statements, over 400 end-of-chapter exercises, example exercises(with solutions), shaded sidebars covering advanced topics, web resources and other proven pedagogical features.
* Through a companion Web site (see button on this website), provides many additional resources, including a downloadable network simulation lab manual tightly integrated with the topics in the book.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Softcover. Condición: New. 3rd edition. Brand NEW, Paperback International Edition. Black & White or color, Cover and ISBN may be different but similar contents as US editions. Standard delivery takes 5-9 business days by USPS/DHL with tracking number. Choose expedited shipping for superfast delivery 3-5 business days by UPS/DHL/FEDEX. We also ship to PO Box addresses but by Standard delivery and shipping charges will be extra. International Edition Textbooks may bear a label -Not for sale in the U.S. or Canada- etc. printed only to discourage U.S. students from obtaining an affordable copy. Legal to use despite any disclaimer on cover as per US court. No access code or CD included unless specified. In some instances, the international textbooks may have different exercises at the end of the chapters. Printed in English. We may ship the books from multiple warehouses across the globe, including India depending upon the availability of inventory storage. In case of orders from Europe, custom charges may comply by the relevant government authority and we are not liable for it. 100% Customer satisfaction guaranteed! Please feel free to contact us for any queries. Nº de ref. del artículo: AB_US_1658381
Descripción Morgan Kaufmann. Hardcover. Condición: New. 155860832X W/Scratch-Off Passcode. New and in great condition with no missing or damaged pages. Need it urgently? Upgrade to Expedited. In stock and we ship daily on weekdays & Saturdays. Nº de ref. del artículo: E20X1
Descripción Morgan Kaufmann, 2003. Hardcover. Condición: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. del artículo: P11155860832X
Descripción Morgan Kaufmann, 2003. Hardcover. Condición: New. 3. Nº de ref. del artículo: DADAX155860832X
Descripción Morgan Kaufmann, 2003. Condición: New. book. Nº de ref. del artículo: M155860832X