Flaps and Reconstructive Surgery, 1e
This superb new resource shows you how to achieve excellent results with the key flaps used in plastic surgery today. Written by Dr. F.C. Wei, one of the field’s most respected surgeons, this atlas explains the indications, uses, surgical techniques, post-operative care, and long-term follow-up for each flap, making the techniques easy to perform and after-care simple to manage. With Dr. Wei's guidance, you can confidently manage a full range of clinical problems.
- See how to make optimal use of perforator flaps for reconstruction of the mandible, maxilla, forehead, lower extremity ... pedicled flaps for reconstruction of shoulder motion in brachial plexus palsy ... anterolateral thigh flaps for reconstruction of defects in the head and neck, upper extremity, and lower extremity ... temporoparietal fascia flap for ear reconstruction ... nerve grafts for obstetric brachial plexus palsy reconstruction ... groin flaps for hand reconstruction ... harvest of the trimmed great toe, second toe, and combined second and third toe for hand and finger reconstruction ... harvest of the radial forearm flap ... exposure of recipient vessels in the facial artery and vein, transverse cervical artery and vein, and superficial temporal artery and vein ... and much more.
- Benefit from the knowledge, experience and unique insight of many of the world's most respected reconstructive micro surgeons.
- Watch surgeons perform procedures in real time with an unparalleled two-hour video collection that demonstrates harvest of the fibula flap for use in mandible reconstruction, the jejunum for esophagus reconstruction, and the SIEA, DIEP and IGAP flaps for breast reconstruction ... functioning muscle transfers for a variety of defects, including the gracilis muscle for facial reanimation and the gracilis musculocutaneous flap for finger flexion reconstruction with innervation using the intercostal nerves ... lymphaticovenous anastomoses and microvascular anastomosis of the artery using suture techniques and anastomosis of the vein ... and many other essential techniques.
- Visualize what to look for and how to proceed with high-quality illustrations of regional anatomy, flap anatomy, and step-by-step flap dissections, as well as clear photographs demonstrating successful reconstructions.
- Read detailed case studies that illustrate how to optimize every aspect of the care of the reconstructive surgery patient, including the postoperative period and long-term follow-up.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
***2010 BMA Book Awards - Highly Commended Surgical specialties category***
“The enclosed DVD works synergistically adding an extra dimension to the text. Overall this represents a highly original landmark text in reconstructive surgery of great value to any trainee with an interest in plastic surgery. Journal quotes
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.