Litigation Strategies for Intellectual Property Cases provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on handling all aspects of intellectual property disputes. Featuring experienced partners from law firms across the nation, these experts guide the reader through key technology trends and analyze how these developments are affecting IP matters. These top lawyers offer specific advice on working in national and international jurisdictions, collecting electronic evidence, determining the merit of a case, and encouraging clients to develop a strong patent portfolio. From conducting due diligence to coping with challenges during litigation, these experts discuss best practices for identifying issues before presenting a case and stress the importance of explaining the technology in court. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this complex field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Brian C. Bianco, Partner, Ulmer & Berne LLP - "A Five-Point Plan for Creating an Effective Patent Litigation Strategy"
2. Michael Eisenberg, Partner, Kazowitz Benson Torres & Friedman LLP - "The Importance of Relying on the Client and Becoming Comfortable with New Technologies When Approaching Patent Litigation"
3. Stuart P. Meyer, Partner, Fenwick & West LLP - "How the America Invents Act and Recent Supreme Court and Federal Circuit Cases are Influencing the Practice of Intellectual Law"
4. Andy Cao, Member, McGlinchey Stafford PLLC - "Successfully Analyzing and Litigating IP Infringement Matters"
5. Kevin C. Taylor, Partner, Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP - "Global IP Litigation: Strategic Thinking"
6. John L. Krieger, Partner, Lewis and Roca LLP - "Adapting Intellectual Property Litigation Strategies to Accommodate Changing Regulations and Technology"
7. Heather J. Hubbard, Partner, Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis LLP - "Essential Components of Every Successful Intellectual Property Litigation Strategy"
8. Benjamin Horton, Partner, Marshall Gerstein & Borun LLP - "Preparation is Key to Successful Patent Litigation"
Appendix A: An E-Discovery Model Order
Appendix B: Model Stipulated Protective Order
Appendix C: Fee Structure Summary
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2013. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería M0314289836
Descripción West Group, 2013. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Brand New. revised edition edition. 124 pages. 8.40x5.50x0.40 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería 0314289836