Navigating Fashion Law provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on working with fashion clients to build, protect, and expand their business. Featuring experienced fashion law practitioners, this book guides the reader through the legal side of the fashion industry, including the origins of this area of law, recent trends, and forecasts for the future. From intellectual property and employment to real estate and mergers and acquisitions, these top lawyers detail the multidisciplinary issues that lawyers face, and present strategies for dealing with them. With advice that applies to both start-ups and established brands, these authors discuss how to understand a client's business, negotiate licensing deals, and protect trademarks. These experts also analyze noteworthy case law, such as the Louboutin "Red Sole" case, and controversial legislation, such as the Innovative Design Protection and Piracy Prevention Act. Additionally, these leaders reveal concrete tips for becoming a successful fashion lawyer and developing the skills necessitated by the demands of fashion clients and the ever-evolving fashion industry. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this competitive field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1, Susan Scafidi, Professor and Academic Director, Fashion Law Institute at Fordham University School of Law - "Fiat Fashion Law! The Launch of a Label--and a New Branch of Law"
2. Monica B. Richman, Partner, SNR Denton - "A Fashionable Career"
3. Alan Behr, Partner and Head, Fashion & Luxury Goods Practice, Alston & Bird LLP - "In Fashion Law, Timing is Everything"
4. Lois Herzeca, Partner and Co-Chair, Fashion, Apparel and Consumer Products Practice Group, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP - "Negotiating a Successful Licensing Deal"
5. Vicki Dallas, Partner and Chair, Apparel Industry Practice Group, Rutan & Tucker LLP - "The Opportunities of Fashion Law"
6. Richard Reinis, Senior Partner, Steptoe & Johnson LLP - "An Exploration into the Practice of Fashion Law"
7. Charles E. Colman, Founder, Charles Colman Law PLLC - "An Overview of Intellectual Property Issues Relevant to the Fashion Industry"
8. Darrell G. Mottley, Shareholder, Banner & Witcoff Ltd. - "The Tools for Protecting Fashion Law Clients"
9. Steven R. Gursky, Partner and Head, Intellectual Property Department, Olshan Grundman Frome Rosenzweig & Wolosky LLP - "Succeeding in Fashion Law: A Mix of Good Fortune, Hard Work, and Skill"
10. Charles Klein, Partner, Davidoff Malito & Hutcher LLP - "Examining the Agreements of Fashion Law"
11. Douglas Hand, Partner, Hand Baldachin & Amburgey LLP - "When Licensing and Branding Meet"
12. Ann K. Ford, Partner and Chair, Trademark, Copyright and Media Practice, DLA Piper LLP (US) - "Working with Clients in the Fashion Industry: IP Tips and Trends"
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2012. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX031428057X
Descripción Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2012. Estado de conservación: new. Shiny and new! Expect delivery in 2-3 weeks. Nº de ref. de la librería 9780314280572-1
Descripción Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2012. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Brand New. 388 pages. 8.50x5.50x1.10 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería __031428057X
Descripción Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2012. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Brand New. 388 pages. 8.50x5.50x1.10 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería 031428057X