Sound Synthesis and Sampling provides a comprehensive introduction to the underlying principles and practical techniques applied to both commercial and research sound synthesizers. This second edition has been rigorously updated throughout and includes a new chapter on performance, examining how synthesizers have become embedded within more sophisticated musical performance instruments.
Martin Russ' highly readable and non-mathematical approach makes the subject accessible whatever your level of experience. The book features:
· Detailed illustrations to aid your understanding
· Topics presented in bite-size sections within each chapter
· Additional notes in the margin to reinforce important points
· Examples of representative instruments and software
· Time lines showing the development of a topic in its historical context
· Questions at the end of each chapter for checking your comprehension
· A glossary for quick reference
· A jargon guide to demystify the varied terminology
As such, the book is particularly suitable for students of music technology, audio engineering, acoustics, electronics and related courses. Musicians, engineers and multimedia specialists will also want to keep a copy to hand for reference.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
An exhaustive account of synthesized sound.From the Publisher:
Written in an almost entirely non-mathematical fashion, and extensively illustrated with clear diagrams, this book will make an ideal reference for students of music technology, audio engineering and acoustics, music enthusiasts, musicians, engineers, and multimedia specialists. Questions are provided at the ends of chapters for revision purposes, and a substantial glossary explains a wide range of related terms. Time-lines show key events in the history of synthesis and examples are given of commercial products that employ the technology described.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Focal Press, 2004. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110240516923
Descripción Focal Press. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: New. 0240516923 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW7.0995269