An in-depth yet accessible guide to operations management with case studies on a range of global brands. Fully updated to provide relevant coverage of service and manufacturing industries
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
'This state-of-the-art textbook sets a new standard in clarity of exposition and elegance of design. Bristling with concepts and diagrams, insights and examples, critical reflections and study activities, it will be both a joy to use and a source of continuing inspiration for teachers and students alike. If only more business books were such a delight to read!'
- Dr Jules Goddard, Fellow, Centre for Management Development, London Business School, UK
'For me, strategy is a combination of customer focus, effective leadership and delivering products and services to the customer smoothly – that is, how we operate the business. Operations is too often overlooked and yet is absolutely critical. This textbook is packed with tools and worked examples that will enable you to become a better strategist, through streamlining delivery to the customer.'
- Dr Liz Mellon, Executive Director and Regional Managing Director India, Duke Corporate Education
'The book's concepts are based on a sound and well-proven theoretical platform, but the essence of the book is the concrete and easy-to-understand practical applications. It will help managers at all levels understand the importance and power of operational excellence.'
– Professor Pär Åhlström, Department of Management and Organization, Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
'At last! A different kind of textbook – lively and energetic, modern, fun to read, full of practical examples and colourful. It breaks the mould. With content and well-researched materials, this book will be of great value to all who read and learn from it.'
- Gay Haskins, former Dean of Executive Education, SaId Business School, University of Oxford, UK
'I really like the depth and coverage of the new edition of Hill and Hill's Operations Management. The use of contemporary materials reflecting new/latest industrial practices and more recent theoretical developments.'
- Yufeng Zhang, Lecturer in Operations Management, University of Birmingham, UK
'The structure of the book flows really nicely. The book adopts a very accessible approach and makes extensive use of visual representations of key concepts. Each chapter includes very good number of cases to support the conceptual discussions. The cases are not only just relevant but, as importantly, talk about recent practices seen in industry.'
- Tolga Bektas, Senior Lecturer and Module Leader in Operations Management, School of Management, University of Southampton, UK
'Overall I like very much the overwhelming amount of case situations illustrating the concepts and practices; I also like the continued referring to the Order Winners / Order Qualifiers methodology of Terry Hill – that's his stronghold of course.'
- Luc Chalmet, Academic Director, Operations & Supply Chain Excellence, Antwerp Management School, University of Antwerp, Belgium
'The reader-focused learning features, including the Executive Summary features and short cases, illustrate the importance of each topic and are really engaging and well-articulated.'
- Luisa Huaccho Huatuco, Lecturer in Operations & Business Processes, University of Leeds, UK
Whether an organisation treats patients, makes clothes or cuts people's hair, its operations function plays a crucial role in helping the business meet its sales and profit targets, and achieve its long-term strategic objectives. A well-managed operations function will significantly contribute to the success of a business, while a poorly-managed one can lead to disaster! It is essential that managers understand the role of operations within their organisation.
This new edition of Operations Management contains many new and innovative features such as:
• 'Driving Business Performance' - how to use the ideas in each chapter to drive the performance of an organisation
• 'Executive Insights' and 'In practice' - the key issues to consider when applying the concepts and ideas in practice
• 'Exploring further' - resources suitable for executives such as TED talks, journal articles, books, films and websites at the end of each chapter
And, additional executive-focused chapters on:
• 'Analysing Operations' - how to analyse an operation before working out how to improve it
• 'Corporate social responsibility' - managing operations to meet an organisation's social and environmental responsibilities
Operations Management provides a comprehensive, postgraduate/executive-focused overview of the subject area that equally covers both service and manufacturing sectors to reflect student needs.
Additional supporting materials are also available on the companion website at www.palgrave.com/business/om3e such as: self-check questions, bonus chapters and OM through film worksheets for students. Here lecturers will find PowerPoint slides, case study teaching notes and guidelines on teaching OM through film.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción 2012. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. 3rd. 216mm x 23mm x 274mm. Paperback. Operations Management is an ideal text for courses requiring an in-depth yet accessible guide to operations management. This edition has been fully updated to provide coverage of service a.Shipping may be from multiple locations in the US or from the UK, depending on stock availability. 800 pages. 1.950. Nº de ref. de la librería 9780230362901
Descripción 2012. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. 3rd. 216mm x 23mm x 274mm. Paperback. Operations Management is an ideal text for courses requiring an in-depth yet accessible guide to operations management. This edition has been fully updated to provide coverage.Shipping may be from our Sydney, NSW warehouse or from our UK or US warehouse, depending on stock availability. 800 pages. 1.950. Nº de ref. de la librería 9780230362901
Descripción 2012. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. 3rd. 216mm x 23mm x 274mm. Paperback. Operations Management is an ideal text for courses requiring an in-depth yet accessible guide to operations management. This edition has been fully updated to provide coverage of service and manufac.Shipping may be from our UK, US or Australian warehouse depending on stock availability. 800 pages. 1.950. Nº de ref. de la librería 9780230362901
Descripción Palgrave Macmillan, 2012. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería P110230362907