From the Preface:
The goal of this book is to contribute to the improvement of teaching. Yet there is, of necessity, considerable theory in it: an understanding of how the levels can be used in practice requires an understanding of the theory behind it. There are ways to ascend from one level to the next and the teacher can help the pupil to find these ways. To be able to do this we need a theory, and practice follows from it. I was never much interested in the question of how many levels can be identified in a certain topic because it is possible to improve teaching without answering this question.
* This text includes:
* Structure-based theory of geometric thought development
* Context-effected theory of cognitive change
* Theory based on the structure of and insight into mathematical thought processes
* New theory of mathematics instruction in geometry
* New insights into the language of mathematics development
* Provides mathematics educators, educational psychologists, test planners, and educational researchers with a forum for instructional thought and development in mathematics, in general, and geometry, in particular
* The levels of thinking that are manifested in the ways children learn geometry provide a basis for a new theory of the development of thought and instruction
* The teacher-based knowledge, experience, and conception of these levels of thinking are represented in the ways geometric thinking undergoes change as a function of instruction
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Text: English, Dutch (translation)
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Academic Press. PAPERBACK. Estado de conservación: Good. 0127141618 Good; Softcover; Covers are shelfworn with a crease to bottom right corner of front cover and a stray pen-mark to top right corner of the front cover; Clean textblock edges; Highlighting to about 10 pages, otherwise unmarked text pages; Good binding with a straight spine; This book will be stored and delivered in a sturdy cardboard box with foam padding; Medium Format (8.5" - 9.75" tall); Dark blue covers with title in white lettering; 1985, Academic Press; 246 pages; "Structure and Insight: A Theory of Mathematics Education (Developmental Psychology Series)," by Pierre M. Van Hiele. Nº de ref. de la librería SKU-S0303506075
Descripción Academic Press. Paperback. Estado de conservación: GOOD. book was well loved but cared for. Possible ex-library copy with all the usual markings and stickers. Some light textual notes, highlighting and underling. Nº de ref. de la librería 2808390577
Descripción Academic Press, 1985. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Used: Good. Nº de ref. de la librería SONG0127141618
Descripción Academic Press, 1985. Estado de conservación: Good. A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in Used-Good condition. Pages and cover are clean and intact. Used items may not include supplementary materials such as CDs or access codes. May show signs of minor shelf wear and contain limited notes and highlighting. Nº de ref. de la librería 0127141618-2-4
Descripción Academic Press, 1985. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Good. Item may show signs of shelf wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. Includes supplemental or companion materials if applicable. Access codes may or may not work. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority. Nº de ref. de la librería mon0000942463
Descripción Academic Press, 1985. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Good. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. May be ex-library. Shipping & Handling by region. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Nº de ref. de la librería 0127141618