Esta edición ISBN ya no está disponible.Ver todas las copias de esta edición ISBN.
This thumb-indexed edition includes a general-purpose dictionary and a thesaurus in dictionary form, arranged so that the relevant material from each appears on the same page, an arrangement made possible by the use of computer data-handling. Meanings, spelling, pronunciation, usage and a wide range of words and phrases are instantly available. The dictionary in this volume is derived from the "Collins English Dictionary" while the thesaurus is derived from the "New Collins Thesaurus".Contraportada:
MAJOR NEW EDITION
UNIQUE COLOUR DICTIONARY WITH MATCHING THESAURUS ENTRIES ON THE SAME PAGE.
THE AUTHORITY ON CURRENT ENGLISH
The flagship title in the unique Collins reference range, this book presents matching dictionary and thesaurus entries in parallel text format on the same page. This gives the user spelling, meaning, grammar, pronunciation, word history, usage notes, and the fullest available choice of synonyms and antonyms – all together, at a glance. Special supplements show tables and charts of encyclopedic information as well as groups of unusual words and phrases.
· Attractive combined-format page with all key items in colour
· Generous choice of synonyms covering the whole range of English, from the formal and literary to today's latest slang
· Up-to-date text covering today's latest words and meanings
· Antonym lists included for main entry words
· Spelling help with thousands of inflected forms shown
· Detailed etymologies show word development and give the century of first occurrence
· In-depth coverage of science, technology, and many other specialist areas
· Pronunciation shown for all words
· 105,000 dictionary references and 325,000 synonyms and antonyms
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Collins, 1993. Hardcover. Condición: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. del artículo: P110004703030