Including nearly 40,000 references and over 30,000 examples, this dictionary provides clear definitions supplemented by examples showing how the words are typically used. Grammar is included as well as a guide to pronunciation based on IPA phonetics. It is also available in a vinyl jacket.From the Back Cover:
'Cobuild' offers a revolutionary approach to understanding, learning and teaching the English of the present day. This dictionary gives learners of English from intermediate level upwards the help they need to read, speak and write English more effectively.
• It concentrates on the common words of English
• It presents the most important facts about the language in a clear and accessible way
• It provides coverage of almost 40,000 references
• Words and meanings are explained simply in full sentences
• Over 30,000 examples from the 'Bank of English' show how words and phrases are being used today
• Grammer information is presented clearly and simply avoiding the symbols that make other dictionaries difficult to use
• An appendix of illustrations covers useful topics and settings
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Collins CoBUILD, 1990. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. New item. Nº de ref. de la librería QX-198-05-8844008