Esta edición ISBN ya no está disponible.Ver todas las copias de esta edición ISBN.
11,000 COPIES SOLD (AS OF MARCH 2019)The Only Academic Phrasebook You’ll Ever Need is a short, no-nonsense, reader-friendly bank of academic sentence templates. It was written for both graduate and undergraduate students who already know the basics of academic writing but may still struggle to express their ideas using the right words.
The Only Academic Phrasebook You’ll Ever Need contains 600 sentence templates organized around the typical sections of an academic paper. Here are some examples:
1. Establishing a research territory: The last few years have seen an increased interest in ____.
2. Describing research gaps: To date, no study has looked specifically at ____.
3. Stating your aims: The aim of this study is to discuss the extent to which ____.
4. Describing the scope and organization of your paper: In chapter ____ , the concept of ____ is further explored.
5. General literature review: A number of scholars have attempted to identify ____.
6. Referencing: In his 1799 study, Smith argued that ____.
7. Sampling and data collection: Participants were randomly selected based on ____.
8. Data analysis and discussion: The data provide preliminary evidence that ____.
The Only Academic Phrasebook You’ll Ever Need also contains 80 grammar and vocabulary tips for both native and non-native speakers. For example:
1. What's the difference between "effect" and "affect"? “Imply” and “infer”? "They're", "their" and "there"?
2. Is "irregardless" correct?
3. Do you say "the criteria was" or "the criteria were"?
The Only Academic Phrasebook You’ll Ever Need is NOT a comprehensive academic writing textbook. It will NOT teach you key academic skills such as choosing the right research question, writing clear paragraphs, dealing with counter arguments and so on.
But it will help you find the best way to say what you want to say so you can ace that paper!
Luiz Otávio Barros (MA Hons) lives in São Paulo, Brazil, where he writes EFL (English as a foreign language) textbooks for a major international publisher, trains teachers, and tries to keep his blog - and his houseplants- alive. In his free time, ... Luiz Otávio Barros has no free time. You can reach him at: www.luizotaviobarros.com facebook/thinkELT @luizotavioELT
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción CreateSpace Independent Publis, 2016. Paperback. Condición: New. Brand New!. Nº de ref. del artículo: 1539527751
Descripción CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2016. Paperback. Condición: New. Nº de ref. del artículo: DADAX1539527751
Descripción CreateSpace Independent Publis, 2016. Paperback. Condición: New. Brand New!. Nº de ref. del artículo: VIB1539527751
Descripción Createspace Independent Publishing Platform, 2016. Paperback. Condición: Brand New. 82 pages. 9.00x6.00x0.21 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. del artículo: __1539527751