Esta edición ISBN ya no está disponible.Ver todas las copias de esta edición ISBN.
Book by Agnew Robert Brezina Timothy
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
"This is the best resource that I have found for teaching theories of--and current research on--delinquency. It is straightforward and balanced in tone, research-bound, and the writing style is crystal clear."--Lois Presser, University of Tennessee, Knoxville "I've read every text I can find, and no one simplifies the complex and often confusing/contradictory data like Agnew. It's the best I've read."--W. Mark Franks, The University of Mississippi "THE textbook on delinquency. Very comprehensive and accessible to students."--Michael Barton, University at Albany, State University of New YorkReseña del editor:
An essential resource for exploring juvenile delinquency in the twenty-first century, Juvenile Delinquency: Causes and Control, Fourth Edition, offers a clear and concise overview of the latest theories and research on the causes and control of delinquency.
Instead of attempting to provide a sweeping view of the entire subject, Robert Agnew and new coauthor Timothy Brezina organize the text around three major questions: What is the nature and extent of delinquency? What are the causes of delinquency? What strategies should we employ to control delinquency? These thought-provoking questions draw students into the text, challenging them to use major theories to explain the basic facts about delinquency, to understand the research on its causes, and to develop and evaluate programs and policies for its control.
* Rich pedagogy including in-chapter activities, review questions, lists of key terms, discussion questions, excerpts of controversial cases, and lively "Teaching Aids" exercises
* Coverage of leading theories―strain, social learning, social- and self-control, labeling, and situational
* Discussion of agencies―including the police, the juvenile court, and juvenile corrections―and of recent efforts to increase their effectiveness
* Discussion of strategies for controlling delinquency: deterrence, incapacitation, rehabilitation, and prevention
NEW TO THE FOURTH EDITION
* New coauthor, Timothy Brezina
* New "Special Topics" boxes that discuss and analyze current events, controversies, and case studies related to juvenile delinquency
* Expanded coverage of youth crime, school violence, punishment and deterrence, zero-tolerance policies in U.S. schools, the role of personal agency, adolescent drug use, rehabilitation and desistance from delinquency, and the impact of media violence
* Fully updated with the latest research and statistics
* For adopting instructors: Updated Instructor's Resource CD, prepared by Beverly R. Crank and Stephanie J. Funk, containing a Test Bank; an Instructor's Manual with learning objectives, chapter outlines, teaching tips, multiple-choice questions, and short-answer and essay-/discussion-questions; and PowerPoint-based lecture slides
* Companion Website (www.oup.com/us/agnew) featuring a downloadable Student Study Guide, learning objectives, a sample course syllabus, updated weblinks, and additional information about the book and its authors
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Condición: new. Nº de ref. del artículo: think0199828148
Descripción Oxford University Press, 2011. Paperback. Condición: New. Brand New!. Nº de ref. del artículo: VIB0199828148
Descripción Condición: New. New. Nº de ref. del artículo: M-0199828148
Descripción Condición: New. New. Nº de ref. del artículo: EX-0199828148
Descripción Oxford University Press, USA, 2011. Paperback. Condición: New. 4. Nº de ref. del artículo: DADAX0199828148