Título: Treaties With American Indians: An ...
Editorial: Santa Barbara, California, U.S.A.: Abc-Clio Inc
Año de publicación: 2007
Condición del libro: As New
This invaluable reference reveals the long, often contentious history of Native American treaties, providing a rich overview of a topic of continuing importance.
· Over 300 A–Z entries covering important treaties such as the Treaty of 1778, U.S. and Indian leaders such as Chief Justice John Marshall and Red Cloud of the Sioux, and legal decisions such as Worcester v. Georgia
· 16 in-depth thematic essays providing both government and Indian perspectives on major issues, plus six essays looking at U.S.–Indian relations region by region
· A complete chronology of the major events that shaped the history of Native American treaty-making
· Over 100 contributors who are distinguished scholars in their field, such as Carole Greenberg and R. David Edmunds
· Photographs of significant individuals, treaty sites, and artifactsBook Description:
How are certain Indian tribes able to operate casinos in states that outlaw gambling? Hunt whales where international laws prohibit it? Profit from oil leases on federal land? Govern themselves as nations? All of these privileges are guaranteed by treaties, and, while the broken treaty remains a valid symbol for the treatment of Native Americans, many of the 370+ pacts with the government were and are still honored.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción de la librería
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the Abebooks web
sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as
Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund
within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you've changed your mind about
a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask bookseller a question link to
contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.
Orders usually ship within 2 business days. Shipping costs are based on books
weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may
contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
Métodos de pago
aceptados por la librería
Cheque Giro Postal Dinero en Efectivo PayPal Letra de Cambio