This book provides a sound foundation for understanding abstract concepts of phase and reaction equilibria (e.g. partial molar Gibbs energy, fugacity, and activity), and shows how to apply these concepts to solve practical problems using numerous clear examples. It also presents numerical methods necessary for solving real-world problems as well the basic mathematics needed, facilitating its use as a self-study reference work. In the example problems requiring MATHCAD® for the solution, the results of the intermediate steps are given, enabling the reader to easily track mistakes and understand the order of magnitude of the various quantities involved.
About the Author:
- Clear layout, coherent and logical organization of the content, and presentation suitable for self-study
- Provides analytical equations in dimensionless form for the calculation of changes in internal energy, enthalpy, and entropy as well as departure functions and fugacity coefficients
- Includes up-to-date information, comprehensive in-depth content and current examples in each chapter
- Includes many well organized problems (with answers), which are extensions of the examples enabling conceptual understanding for quantitative/real problem solving
- Includes the mathematical background required for solving problems encountered in phase and reaction equilibria
The author has been teaching undergraduate and graduate level thermodynamics courses for over 30 years. Since 1989 he has been a professor at the Middle East Technical University (METU), Ankara, Turkey. He has also taught at the Turkish Military Academy and the University of Akron, Ohio. Professor Tosun received his BS and MS degrees from METU, and a PhD degree from the University of Akron, all in chemical engineering. He is the author of the book Modeling in Transport Phenomena, 2nd Ed., published by Elsevier. His research interests include mathematical modeling and transport phenomena. He is the author or co-author of over sixty publications.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.