Thaw: Freedom from Frozen Feelings
Miembro desde 1996
Imagen del editor
Miembro desde 1996
Título: Thaw: Freedom from Frozen Feelings
Editorial: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Condición del libro:New
THAW - Freedom from Frozen Feelings, is a book about the emotional wounds of abandonment, shame, and contempt created by growing up in a less-than-nurturing family. If you experience abandonment issues, emotional flooding, toxic shame, a pattern of dysfunctional relationships, or you help people who do, THAW - Freedom from Frozen Feelings is a "must have".
The book outlines the wounding process experienced by those who were raised in a less-than-nurturing family; how those emotional wounds show up in various personal and interpersonal problems in adulthood. An innovative, easy to understand, integrated model of addiction, codependency, enabling relationships, Adult/Child Syndrome and other manifestations of emotional abandonment is presented.
Moderate to severe cases of abandonment comes from situations in which the child does not fully or consistently get their emotional dependency needs met such as when the child lives in a shame-based family system. In such families the children get messages of disapproval through constant criticism rather than messages of approval and warmth. A shame-based family system is characterized by the parent’s use of shame to provide direction.
Children who get their dependency needs met fully on a regular basis will thrive, flourish, and grow at a healthy pace. Life will be good for these kids. In the worst case scenario, kids who do not get their needs met at all will experience a failure to thrive and many will even die from these emotional wounds, also known as original pain of abandonment of childhood dependency needs.
When parents do not meet the needs of their children it is not usually because the parents don’t love them. I say ‘usually’ because there are those cases that one cannot understand, accept, explain, or excuse for any reason. But most parents do the best they can, given the internal and external resources they possess, to take care of their children. In fact, I cannot count the times I have heard parents say “I try hard to make sure my kids have it better than I did.” This speaks very loudly to me. It says that these parents are familiar with unmet dependency needs.
So, most often it is not the parent’s lack of love or effort that is to blame. Wounded people wound people!
THAW - Table of Contents:
· Chapter 1: "What the hell is wrong with you?" Motivation, Dependency Needs, Iceberg Model
· Chapter 2: Anatomy of an Emotional Wound Abandonment, Shame, & Contempt - False Self
· Chapter 3: The Art of Survival External Focus, Impression Management - Invented Self
· Chapter 4: Who am I Really? Imperfect World & Spirituality - True Self
· Chapter 5: Distractions & Dependencies Addictions, Obsessions/Compulsions, and Other Issues
· Chapter 6: Codependency & Control Drama Triangle, Punish/Forgive, Enabling, Distance & Pursuit
· Chapter 7: Creating Frozen Feeling-States Fight-Flight-or-Freeze and the Figure 8
· Chapter 8: Meeting the Family of Self Ego-States and the Wounded Inner Children
· Chapter 9: Homeostasis & Hitting Bottom Reaching Out, Resistance, & Relapse
· Chapter 10: The Tip of the Iceberg First things First, Networks of Addiction, Signs of Addiction
· Chapter 11: Developing a Safe Container Letting Go of Codependency & Turning the Focus Inward
· Chapter 12: Thawing Frozen Feeling-States Rewiring the Brain, Logical Levels, Neural Nets & the 12-Steps
· Chapter 13: Pathways of Ongoing Recovery & the Thawing the Iceberg Series which includes the following three book/workbooks: Thawing Adult/Child Syndrome, Thawing Childhood Abandonment Issues, and Thawing Your Relationships.
· Each of these books in the Thawing the Iceberg Series contain the Iceberg Model but branch off in their own specific directions addressing issues that spring from childhood abandonment issues.
· Appendix A: Suggested ReadingsAbout the Author:
Don Carter is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in private practice in the Jefferson City & Columbia, Missouri area. Don has been in practice as a therapist for over 25 years during which time he has been employed at several mental health agencies around Mid-Missouri. His primary specialty areas include addictions, codependency, mood disorders, PTSD, and Adult/Child Syndrome. Along with his Bachelors and Masters degrees, Don has specialized training in NLP, Clinical Hypnosis, and Addictionology. Learn more about Don and his other books at www.internet-of-the-mind.com.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción de la librería
For assistance with billing questions, please refer to our help page in abebooks. If you cannot find the answers you are seeking or have questions about your order you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses to emails will be provided as soon as possible. For further information - (250) 361-4447
Shipping prices are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. Canadian and U.S. orders sent with Automated Package Tracking and delivery confirmation, where available. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you regarding any extra shipping costs. Thank you! - Russell Books
Métodos de pago
aceptados por la librería