Título: Second Language Acquisition Theory and ...
Editorial: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates
Año de publicación: 1995
Condición del libro: Fair
Edición: 1st Edition.
A volume on second-language acquisition theory and pedagogy is, at the same time, a mark of progress and a bit of an anomaly. The progress is shown by the fact that the two disciplines have established themselves as areas of study not only distinct from each other, but also different from linguistic theory. This was not always the case, at least not in the United States. The anomaly results from the fact that this book deals with the relationship between L2 theory and pedagogy despite the conclusion that there is currently no widely-accepted theory of SLA.
Grouped into five sections, the papers in this volume:
* consider questions about L2 theory and pedagogy at the macro-level, from the standpoint of the L2 setting;
* consider input in terms of factors which are internal to the learner;
* examine the question of external factors affecting the input, such as the issue of whether points of grammar can be explicitly taught;
* deal with questions of certain complex, linguistic behaviors and the various external and social variables that influence learners; and
* discuss issues surrounding the teaching of pronunciation factors that affect a non-native accent.
...this volume is worth reading. Insight into the debate surrounding some of Krashen's theories will certainly add perspective that is badly needed in the teaching profession. But most useful is the advice of those who, with one foot in the classroom, can keep researchers on task, and foster more genuine dialogue. Teachers cannot, and must not, turn their backs on this responsibility.
This volume is well organized, with strong articles at the beginning of each section; I heartily recommend it....There are a number of excellent and applicable articles within that offer material and incentive for the building of a navigable bridge between L2 theory and practice.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción de la librería
Métodos de pago
aceptados por la librería