Título: Runner's World Guide to Adventure Racing
Editorial: Rodale Press
Año de publicación: 2004
Condición del libro: Used; Good
How to Become a Successful Racer and Adventure Athlete
Why should you take a pair of sandals, a dollar bill, and a car antenna to your next adventure race? You'll find the answer to that question and many others in Runner's World Guide to Adventure Racing. In this authoritative guide, Ian Adamson shares his insider secrets for training, racing, team building, conflict management, injury prevention, equipment repair, sleep management, and much more. Often referred to as the Michael Jordan of adventure racing, Adamson helps you navigate any type of adventure race, from short sprint race to full-length expedition.
In this guide, you'll find . . .
- Detailed training plans for recreational and competitive athletes
- Tips for running, hiking, biking, paddling, navigating, and climbing more efficiently
- A no-nonsense guide for what you need from the sporting goods store-- and what you don't
- Insider secrets for mending equipment and injuries while in the wilderness
- Adamson's nine favorite foods to pack in your race bag
You'll also read Adamson's humorous, touching, and downright chilling stories of life on the adventure trail. From sprint races to full-length expeditions, Adamson's expert advice will get you and your equipment to the finish line in one piece.About the Author:
A three-time Eco-Challenge champion, Ian Adamson is the only athlete in the world who has won the Raid Gauloises, Southern Traverse, and Primal Quest races. He also holds the world record for endurance kayaking. Adamson has a master's degree in sports medicine and is a design engineer, pilot, gourmet chef, concert-trained flutist, and advanced scuba diver. He is also an event director, public speaker, and senior contributor to Adventure Sports magazine.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción de la librería
Greener Books endeavours to provide each and every customer with an excellent
shopping experience, backed by our satisfaction guarantee.
* Greener Books Ltd
* P O Box 473, London NW10 7LZ
* firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 07415 427308
* Greener Books Ltd, P O Box 473, London NW10 7LZ
* Company Reg. 06280306, Vat. GB919249889
* Company Rep: Tina Adams
Orders are usually shipped within 24 hours of confirming sale. Shipping costs are based on books
weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact
you to let you know extra shipping is required.
Métodos de pago
aceptados por la librería