Principles of Fracture Mechanics
Brand new! Please provide a physical shipping address. N° de ref. de la librería 9780130929921
Sobre este título:
The book is a self-contained manual on the mechanics aspects of the theory of brittle fracture and fatigue. It includes a guided introduction to the linear theory of elasticity with pivotal results for the circular hole, the elliptical hole and the wedge leading up to the general problem of bodies containing cracks. Typical chapters include problems which extend the mathematical developments presented in the book, applications problems requiring numerical and/or graphic responses, and essay/literature study questions. Additionally, more comprehensive exercises requiring integration of the knowledge throughout the book are included as an appendix. For professionals in fields of engineering mechanics and design.
Intended for a first course in the mechanics of fracture at the graduate level (or senior undergraduates with a background in engineering mechanics) the focus of the book is on the mathematical principles of linear elastic fracture mechanics and their application to engineering design. The material is presented in a conversational, yet rigorous, manner with the focus on the general formulation of the theory. In this way the origins and limitations of the simplified results presented in other introductory texts is apparent. The selection of topics and order of presentation in the book evolved from a graduate course in fracture mechanics developed by the author over the last two decades.Key Features of the Book
- Unified mathematical treatment based on the generalized Westergaard formulation provides a coherent basis for the analytical, numerical, and experimental treatment of crack problems in two dimensions.
- Introductory chapter on the linear theory of elasticity with pivotal results for the circular hole, elliptical hole, and the wedge leading up to the general problem of bodies with cracks.
- Thorough treatment of fatigue crack growth behavior including both analytical methods and introductions to the NASGRO 3.0 and AFGROW 4.0 computer programs for lifetime prediction analysis using complex empirical fatigue crack growth models.
- Extensive tables of fracture properties for a wide variety of metallic materials in both English and S.I. units derived from the NASA database.
- Broad spectrum of exercises at the end of each chapter ranging from basic analytic derivations to parametric numerical analysis. Also included is a selection of comprehensive open-ended design problems suitable for capstone project assignments or take-home examinations.
Título: Principles of Fracture Mechanics
Editorial: Prentice Hall
Año de publicación: 2002
Encuadernación: Soft cover
Condición del libro: New
Opciones de pago
Opciones de pago aceptados por la librería
Sanford, NC, Estados Unidos de America
Librería en AbeBooks desde: 4 de enero de 2012
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the Abebooks web sites. If
you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as Described/Damaged) or if the
order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery
date. If you've changed your mind about a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask
bookseller a question link to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.
54391 Village Center Drive
Idyllwild, CA ...
Condiciones de envío:
Orders usually ship within 3 business days.
Descripción de la librería: Established in 2010, Palexbooks is a US-based distributer of textbooks from major publishing houses such as Pearson Education, McGraw-Hill, and Harper Collins.