Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. N° de ref. de la librería
Sinopsis: The Little Inspiration Book: Ideas to Empower Women began as little notes and quotes in DEB's journals. DEB's quest for adventure and self-discovery led her to write down ideas and thoughts as she backpacked through British Columbia, cycle toured alone through Iceland, and sailed from Canada to Mexico. As she traveled, she wrote about what gave her hope during difficult times, what motivated her, and how she was able to live her dreams. These ideas and her personal stories and photographs are here to inspire and encourage you.
Inside The Little Inspiration Book you will find ideas to teach and motivate you how to add positive change and growth into your life. Here's a sample of some of the chapters and ideas you'll find. Rejuvenate...Move your Body, Schedule a Sacred Day, Spent Time in Nature, Beautify Your Surroundings, and Live Like a Cat - Relax! Consider This... Stop Worrying, Don't Give Up, and Be Yourself - Be Confident! Try This! Play with Kids, Design Your Life, Write a Journal, Start a Project, and Get Rid of Something.
Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.: Schedule a Sacred Day
Plan one day a week to do something for yourself to nourish your soul. Use this time to remember your dreams and ideas. Schedule this day in your daybook.
* Chill out. Relax, do nothing, sit in a comfy chair. Stay in bed all day; don't get out of your pajamas, snuggle up with extra blankets, and bring a mug of tea or hot chocolate to bed. Meditate. Write in your journal. Read inspirational books or a novel. Take naps all day. No housework allowed!
* Pamper yourself. Soak your feet in a tub of hot water mixed with epsom salts, lavender and tea-tree oil. Go for a massage, energy healing, sauna, shiatsu or get a foot mas-sage. Get a manicure. Take a hot bath, surround yourself with candles, and play your favorite tunes.
* Treat yourself. Buy yourself a gift and wrap it up. Buy yourself flowers. Prepare a special meal at home or eat out. Make or purchase your favorite snack foods and indulge.
* Find out. Get a tarot card or psychic reading. Pull a Ruin stone or an animal card. Visit a fortune teller or palm reader.
* Explore. Go on an adventure in your neighborhood. Walk down new streets. Go into stores you've never explored, visit a local plant nursery, or tour a museum. Plan a local bike ride, a hike, or a picnic at a local park. Take a pottery or art class. Listen to an orchestra rehearsal.
* Get outside. Be alone in a park or at the beach. Hike in a local forest or park. Sit or walk by a lake, a stream, or the ocean and listen to the water. Watch birds and butterflies. Plant a garden or pot some flowers. Go for a walk and smell flowers along the way. Go out and look at the moon and the stars. Watch the sun rise or set. Listen to the rain.
* Create. Write a letter to a friend or yourself. Paint, draw, color, sculpt or sketch. Make ornaments, decorations, or crafts according for the season - Xmas tree ornaments, door wreaths, painted easter eggs, handmade soaps and lotions, dried flower bouquets, gift cards, or potpourri.
* Laugh. Watch a comedy or magic show - live or on TV. Read a book by Ben Elton or Bill Cosby. Subscribe to the Funny Times. Sing out loud in the shower or tub. Dance naked around your house to your favorite upbeat music. Watch children play.
Feeling a little down and out and uninspired to work, I spent an evening last week flipping through a stack of magazines. As I paged through the journals, I cut out inspirational quotes and photographs. I found a wonderful picture of my dream cabin. I selected pictures of flowers I wanted to have in my home. Within the glossy magazine pages, I found a beautiful photo-graph depicting a scene of a place I would love to hike and explore. I cut out pictures of decorative art pieces and a desk that would be perfect for my studio. I then pasted all these clip-pings into my journal. (See the illustration on page 72.) After cutting up six magazines I felt energized and excited about my dreams and future visions. Taking those couple of hours to play revived me. The next day I continued my work where previously I had been stuck.
Take time to think
It is the source of all power
Take time to play
It is the secret of perpetual youth
Take time to read
It is the fountain of wisdom
Take time to pray
It is the greatest power on earth
Take time to love and be loved
It is a God-given privilege
Take time to be friendly
It is the road to happiness
Take time to laugh
It is the music of the soul
Take time to give
It is too short a day to be selfish
Take time to work
It is the price of success.
- author unknown
* Power Thought Cards, Louis Hay
* The Animal Cards: Medicine Cards The Discovery of Power Through the Ways of Animals, Jamie Sams & David Carson
* Oprah Magazine
Título: The Little Inspiration Book: Ideas to ...
Editorial: Trafford Publishing
Año de publicación: 2002
Condición del libro: Good
Descripción Trafford Publishing, 2002. Estado de conservación: Very Good. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Nº de ref. de la librería GRP96187476
Descripción Trafford on Demand Pub, 2002. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Brand New. 94 pages. 5.75x5.75x0.25 inches. This item is printed on demand. Nº de ref. de la librería zk1553694201
Descripción Trafford Publishing, 2002. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Used: Good. Nº de ref. de la librería SONG1553694201
Descripción Trafford Publishing. Paperback. Estado de conservación: VERY GOOD. Light rubbing wear to cover, spine and page edges. Very minimal writing or notations in margins not affecting the text. Possible clean ex-library copy, with their stickers and or stamp(s). Nº de ref. de la librería 2822429084
Descripción Trafford Publishing, 2006. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX1553694201
Descripción Trafford Publishing, 2002. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Good. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Nº de ref. de la librería 1553694201