This book covers the latest advances in polymer-inorganic nanocomposites, with particular focus on high-added-value applications in fields including electronics, optics, magnetism and biotechnology. The unique focus of this book is on electronic, optical, magnetic and biomedical applications of hybrid nanocomposites. Coverage includes: Synthesis methods and issues and production scale-up; Characterization methods; Electronic applications; Optical applications and Photonics; Magnetic applications; and Biomedical applications. The book offers readers a solid grasp of the state of the art, and of current challenges in non-traditional applications of hybrid nanocomposites.
From the Back Cover:
Hybrid Nanocomposites for Nanotechnology: Electronic, Optical, Magnetic and Biomedical Applications introduces readers to the complex development of new functional organic-inorganic nanomaterials and explores their non-traditional applications. The traditional application of these nanocomposites has been the reinforcement of plastics by the addition of inorganic fillers, exploiting the enhancement of mechanical properties for commodity plastics. Hybrid nanocomposites provide an attractive, versatile, technological platform for emerging high-added-value applications such as photovoltaic cells and light-emitting devices, lithium-ion batteries, supercapacitors, and biosensors.
Composed of seventeen chapters written by leading international authors, this book covers topics such as:
- Synthesis of a wide range of hybrid nanocomposites based on methods including sol-gel techniques and surface grafting of nanoparticles.
- In-depth nanocomposite characterizations via DLS, DSC, FTIR, MALDI, NMR, SANS, SAXS, SEC, SEM, TEM, TGA, WAXS techniques.
- Optimization of fullerene-based resists for nanolithography.
- Strategies for hermetic coatings and advanced packaging of integrated circuits.
- Development of bioactive bone cements and drug-delivery systems.
- Fabrication of optical, electrochemical and magneto-biosensors.
With over 2500 bibliographic citations, Hybrid Nanocomposites for Nanotechnology: Electronic, Optical, Magnetic and Biomedical Applications is an invaluable resource for scientists, engineers, and researchers in a wide variety of disciplines including materials science, surface chemistry, energy and data storage, photonics, microelectronics, pharmacy, medicine, biotechnology and bioengineering.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.