Imagen del editor
Título: Encyclopedia Of Social Measurement, ( 3 Vol....
Condición del libro: As New
This Book is in Good Condition; Customer Satisfaction Comes First.Delivery Time 4-12 days. 100% Money back Guaranteed!!!. N° de ref. de la librería HP_0124438903
Sinopsis: The Encyclopedia of Social Measurement captures the data, techniques, theories, designs, applications, histories, and implications of assigning numerical values to social phenomena. Responding to growing demands for transdisciplinary descriptions of quantitative and qualitative techniques, measurement, sampling, and statistical methods, it will increase the proficiency of everyone who gathers and analyzes data.
Covering all core social science disciplines, the 300+ articles of the Encyclopedia of Social Measurement not only present a comprehensive summary of observational frameworks and mathematical models, but also offer tools, background information, qualitative methods, and guidelines for structuring the research process. Articles include examples and applications of research strategies and techniques, highlighting multidisciplinary options for observing social phenomena. The alphabetical arrangement of the articles, their glossaries and cross-references, and the volumes' detailed index will encourage exploration across the social sciences. Descriptions of important data sets and case studies will help readers understand resources they can often instantly access.
Also available online via ScienceDirect - featuring extensive browsing, searching, and internal cross-referencing between articles in the work, plus dynamic linking to journal articles and abstract databases, making navigation flexible and easy. For more information, pricing options and availability visit www.info.sciencedirect.com.
* Introduces readers to the advantages and potential of specific techniques and suggests additional sources that readers can then consult to learn more
* Conveys a range of basic to complex research issues in sufficient detail to explain even the most complicated statistical technique. Readers are provided with references for further information
* Eleven substantive sections delineate social sciences and the research processes they follow to measure and provide new knowledge on a wide range of topics
* Authors are prominent scholars and methodologists from all social science fields
* Within each of the sections important components of quantitative and qualitative research methods are dissected and illustrated with examples from diverse fields of study
* Actual research experiences provide useful examples
Descripción del libro: The Encyclopedia is of use to a broad scope of students interested in learning about social science research and to scientists interested in broadening their own investigative techniques by adapting resources and skills used by colleagues in related fields
Opciones de pago
Esta librería acepta las siguientes opciones de pago:
Librería en AbeBooks desde: 16 de abril de 2012
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the Abebooks web sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you've changed your mind about a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask bookseller a question link to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.
Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.