Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: Cognition, 5e, is a comprehensive introduction to the field of cognitive psychology. Cognition examines the mental processes behind how we come to know about the world in which we live. Covering a wide range of topics such as perception, memory, attention, and language, and the common cognitive disorders associated with each, Cognition applies real-life examples to key theories in order to create an accessible yet comprehensive primer to thefield. N° de ref. de la librería
Sinopsis: This engaging guide to the hidden corridors of the mind explores the mental processes through which we interact with the world. Drawing on the work of esteemed researchers and scholars, Cognition, Fifth Edition, applies real-life examples to key theories in order to create an accessible, yet comprehensive primer to the field.
The text is accompanied by Discovery Labs for Cognition, a unique online resource that offers a variety of interactive experiments, animations, videos, exercises, and quizzes designed to help students understand important concepts and principles. Students will have an opportunity to act as researcher or test subject, giving them practical exposure to the field. Intended for use in cognitive psychology courses, the experiments allow students to compare their results to typical results and to class results, and in the process to learn about key principles.
Demonstrates how theory can be applied to real-life situations, providing a practical approach for first-time students of cognitive psychology
Covers key topics such as perception, memory, language, problem-solving, creativity, and reasoning, giving students a well-rounded introduction to the field
Cites classic and current research from around the world, including the U.S., Canada, and Europe, offering students a global perspective on the study of cognition
Presents key historical information at the start of each chapter, providing a context for the material that follows
Includes rich pedagogy, encouraging active learning of key concepts:
* "Cognition in Action" boxes connect real-life examples with chapter material.
* "Think Twice" boxes feature creative review exercises that invite students to engage personally with ideas and issues raised in the chapter.
* "Consider This" boxes highlight notable and cutting-edge research findings.
* "In the Know" review questions at the end of each chapter provide further opportunity for students to test their comprehension.
* The book also includes a running glossary, highlighted key terms, learning objectives, chapter summaries, and suggestions for further reading.
* Chapter overviews
* Key concepts with illustrative examples
* Discussion and debate ideas
* Further reading, media suggestions, and teaching aids
* Homework assignments with sample answers
* Suggestions for research paper topics
* Sample syllabus
* Web links
* Summary of key points for each chapter
* Figures, tables, and images from the book
Test Bank with questions for every chapter including:
* 25+ multiple-choice questions
* 25 short-answer questions
* 25+ true-or-false questions
* 15 fill-in-the-blank questions
* Sample final exam
* Review questions with answers
* For every chapter: 3-4 short answer questions, 5 fill-in-the-blank questions, 5 true-or-false questions, and 10 multiple-choice questions
Student Study Guide
* Chapter summaries
* Key terms with definitions
* Midterm and final exam study tips
Discovery Labs Online (ISBN 9780195447774)
* Includes 30-40 labs that test or demonstrate key concepts or theories covered in the text
* Gives students an opportunity to act as researcher or test subject, and the ability to analyze and share results
E-Book (ISBN 9780199000579)
Available through CourseSmart
About the Author: Daniel Smilek is an associate professor at the University of Waterloo. He is also actively involved in new cognitive research related to perception, language, and memory. In addition to Cognition, Dan has previously written for Oxford UK, having contributed a chapter to the Oxford Companion to Consciousness. Scott Sinnett is an assistant professor at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. His research focuses on attention and perception in both applied and laboratory settings. He teaches a number of courses ranging from introductory psychology to upper-year courses in cognitive psychology. Alan Kingstone is a professor at the University of British Columbia. Alan is an associate editor of the British Journal of Psychology and commonly teaches upper-year courses in cognitive neuroscience and brain and behaviour in addition to running the neuroscience lab at UBC.
Condición del libro: New
Descripción Oxford University Press Canada, 2013. Estado de conservación: Used. 5th Edition. 5th Edition-BOOK CONDITION: Used books will have varying degrees of wear, highlighting, and notations. Access codes & supplemental materials may not be included. Inventory is subject to prior sale. SHIPPING: Only Standard shipping to PO Boxes. We are not able to ship to APO/FPOs or Internationally. Orders are shipped from Illinois. Nº de ref. de la librería 5941481U2
Descripción Estado de conservación: Very Good. In good condition and ready for quick shipment to any US location by an experienced and reliable seller. CDs and Access codes may not be included as is the case with most used books. Thanks for shopping with us!. Nº de ref. de la librería 3483709
Descripción Oxford University Press, 2013. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: Very Good. Great condition with minimal wear, aging, or shelf wear. Nº de ref. de la librería P020199010773
Descripción Oxford University Press, 2013. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: Like New. Almost new condition. Nº de ref. de la librería P010199010773
Descripción Oxford University Press, 2013. Estado de conservación: very good. Gently used. Expect delivery in 20 days. Nº de ref. de la librería 9780199010776-3
Descripción Oxford University Press, 2013. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P110199010773
Descripción Oxford University Press, 2013. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: Good. 5. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Nº de ref. de la librería 0199010773
Descripción Oxford University Press, 2013. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. book. Nº de ref. de la librería M0199010773