Career Continuation: Make it a Snapp
Librería en AbeBooks desde: 6 de julio de 1997Cantidad: 1
Librería en AbeBooks desde: 6 de julio de 1997Cantidad: 1
Título: Career Continuation: Make it a Snapp
Editorial: It's the How
Año de publicación: 2002
Encuadernación: Trade Paperback
Condición del libro:Near Fine
This book is about the big picture of today’s workplace and your part in it. It shows you how, even if you land a job in a mammoth corporation, you’re working under new rules. Companies no longer make promises about employees’ futures. In short, everyone is a “temp” even when fully employed. Understanding this will affect the way you search for a job and how you behave after you secure it.
This book has news that should cheer you:
* Changing jobs no longer holds the same stigma it once did. Until the 1990s, conventional wisdom held that: (a) losing a job is dangerous and terrible, and (b) too many jobs on a resume automatically cast suspicion on your employment history. Today, those beliefs are pretty much gone. Conventional wisdom now holds that most people will have three or four professions. In the course of a typical 40-year work life, the average worker will change employers seven to ten times and change jobs about every 18 months. In fact, in today’s workplace, too few job changes on a resume may imply lack of energy and enthusiasm.
* You’re good. Chances are, you’re already a success. You have education, skills, experience and motivation. You have unique and possibly hidden talents that help make you employable. If you have ever held a job, you’re already at least somewhat experienced at job acquisition.
* You can start today. This book contain proven techniques and success tips you can begin using immediately. Achieving something tangible every day will boost your confidence and help increase your odds of success.
* The marketplace needs you. Despite periodic economic dips, there will always be a demand for skilled people.
Finding the right job, however, the one that satisfies your wants and needs today while leading to your ideal career destination may not be easy. You’ll need a clear vision of both the next job and the ultimate career, and then you’ll need a structured and disciplined approach to attaining both.
This book is about “career continuation.” It shows how to apply a simple and systematic process called SNAPP™ to find a satisfying job now, while you make plans to achieve your ideal career future. If you follow the guidelines, you’re likely to succeed.
This book is for you if:
* You’ve recently lost a job and need or want a new one.
* You’re looking for a way to get more out of your career.
* You’re looking to change your job or career, inside or outside your current organization.
* You’re exploring the idea of consulting or starting your own business.
* You’re entering or re-entering the workplace or volunteer world.
* You’ve just graduated from school and are looking for your first job in your chosen field.
* You’re facing retirement age, but you’re not yet ready to stop contributing.
“Career Continuation” presents the five-step SNAPP™ process to help you play the career game from a position of strength. Instead of waiting for things to happen TO you, you can begin to make the right things happen FOR you.From the Author:
Career satisfaction is linked to satisfaction in other parts of life. The greater your enjoyment of your work, the more confident and better adjusted you are likely to be. And the happier and more focused you are, the better your career prospects. Finding and maintaining the right career, therefore, should be worth your dedicated time and attention.
“Career continuation” is finding the right job today while creating your ideal future. It considers both long- and short-term views of your work life. It is a well-thought-out and well-executed plan. This book combines the framework and tried-and-true practices of career continuation with the discipline of a non-technical, easy-to-follow approach called SNAPP™.
SNAPP™ is a five-step process that can be applied to any goal you want to achieve. With respect to career goals, it combines project management processes such as goal setting, planning and managing details with career continuation skills such as strategic planning, communicating and motivating.
By taking a structured and disciplined SNAPP™ approach to your career continuation campaign, you can positively differentiate yourself in your target market. You’ll know you’ve succeeded when you receive multiple employment, consulting and business offers that meet your criteria for satisfying and rewarding work.
The “right” things rarely happen by themselves. The guidelines, tips and techniques presented in this book, when followed carefully and used in conjunction with other readily available resources, should help you make the right things happen in your next job and in your career. That is our goal.
Dr. Donald J. Hanratty
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción de la librería
Payment options: Check, money order or PayPal, credit cards accepted through Abebooks. Our PayPal account is firstname.lastname@example.org. Our mailing address is 2708 Upper Dorray Road, Glencoe, California, 95232-9716. Payment is required before shipping, no COD orders. All books are inspected prior to being listed for sale and again when preparing for shipping. If a flaw is overlooked, we accept returns within two weeks of receipt. Ahab Books was established in 1997 and is a legal sole-proprietor busin...Más información
Orders ship within 2 business days. Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required. Our PayPal account is orders@AhabBooks.com.
Métodos de pago
aceptados por la librería
Cheque Giro Postal Dinero en Efectivo PayPal