Título: Absolute PC Security and Privacy
Condición del libro: Good
If you think anti-virus software is enough protection from hackers, think again!
Have you ever engaged in high-risk Internet activities? You have if you've ever shopped, chatted with a friend, played a game or swapped an MP3 file while online. And you'll be shocked to learn how incredibly vulnerable your PC is if you're connecting via cable/DSL. Your risk of Internet attacks is likely to increase in the coming years--in both frequency and destructiveness. It's simply becoming easier for computer criminals to access and sabotage your PC, and even to steal your identity. Learn how to protect your PC from fast-spreading viruses in disguise, Internet-connection hijackers, con artists after your personal information, annoying spam e-mail and relentless pop-up advertising. Absolute PC Security and Privacy shows you how to detect security holes, reduce your chances of attack, recognize when you're under attack and stop an attack in progress.
* Understanding the various types of viruses and how they spread
* Learning which virus types you're most vulnerable to
* Protecting your PC from virus infection
* Recovering from a virus attack and disinfecting your system
* Understanding the different types of Internet-based attacks
* Protecting your system from an Internet-based attack
* Protecting your system in a P2P environment
* Defending your home or small business network
* Securing your wireless network
* Understanding hardware and software firewalls and which type you should use
* Recognizing when your system is under an Internet-based attack
* Shutting down and recovering from an Internet-based attack
* Tips and tricks for safeguarding your personal information
* Practicing safe shopping and avoiding auction fraud while online
* Protecting yourself and your children from online predators
* Understanding how spyware works and how to defeat it
* Using passwords, digital certificates, and encryption
* How to anonymously surf the Web and send e-mail
* How to keep your contact information out of the hands of spammers
* How to eliminate spam e-mail and pop-up advertisements
Michael Miller has authored more than three dozen non-fiction books in the past decade, including Sybex?s Discovering P2P, Discovering Bluetooth, Mastering Word 2000 Premium Edition, and PowerPoint 2000! I Didn?t Know You Could Do That. He has established a strong reputation for explaining technical information to non-technical readers, and for offering useful real-world advice about complicated topics. Mr. Miller is President of the Molehill Group, a writing/consulting firm based in Indiana.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción de la librería
We want you to be satisfied with the book you order. Our general description is
conservative and the book should be as good or better than our general
As we often get many requests for the same book, in some cases the book may
already be sold. We will email you regarding the availability.
RETURNS are cheerfully accepted up to 30 days. We ship out within 1-2 business
days and U.S. Standard Shipments usually arrive within 6-9 business days,
Priority 3-6. We want you to be...
STANDARD DOMESTIC U.S. SHIPPING IS FREE. Priority Shipping is only $6.99 for first item, $1 each additional. Orders ship within 2 business days. Shipping outside of U.S. is typically between $8-13 and takes between 8-15 business days. Heavier books may require additional shipping. Faster Needs Please Inquire.
Métodos de pago
aceptados por la librería