- $2.99 e-book: Buy APA Made Easy Paperback now and get a copy of the e-book for $2.99 through Kindle Matchbook!
That's as long as we think any student should have to spend formatting their papers. Unfortunately, students often spend hours trying to find answers from hard to follow manuals or confusing websites. Whether you want a step-by-step guide to building a title page, suggestions for writing with greater clarity, or freedom from doing internet searches every time you have a question about APA standards, APA Made Easy is the only blueprint that you will need for writing in APA style. This comprehensive writing guide includes illustrated steps for formatting an APA document in: Microsoft Word 2010, Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac, Microsoft Word 2013, and Apple's Pages programs. You will also learn:
- What is APA formatting?
- How to organize an essay or research paper.
- How to outline information you've already gathered.
- How to write an essay or research paper from an outline.
- Steps for writing an essay with greater clarity and precision.
- Building citations within your paper and on your Reference page.
Also included in this guide:
From the Author:
- Numerous APA examples and high resolution screen shots to help students correctly format documents within 15 minutes.
- Access to website support at youversustheworld.com where you can download APA templates and writing guides.
- Two "Quick Reference" pages that cover Referencing and Citations, and major APA rules that many students forget.
- Tips for adding clarity to any writing style including:How to write your paper with greater "flow" of thought and a Quick Reference guide for writing coherence.
- Specific examples that cover how to cite new media such as blog posts, emails, websites, online lectures, computer programs, and much more.
- A new section on using and citing DOI's (Digital Object Identifiers) for new media.
- Clickable Table of Contents for ease of use.
- 10% of the net profits of this book will be donated to charity
- Thank you to everyone who supported the first version of this book!
- For more information on APA Made Easy and downloadable APA templates visit: YouVersusTheWorld.com.
Q & A with the Scott Matkovich:
- Q. Why would someone buy an APA guide when they can just look all of this stuff up in the APA Manual or online for free?
: For those who are motivated enough to follow the APA Manual, it is the definitive guide on the subject. However, in my experience, most students don't want or need to know all of the nuances of APA formatting. Let's be honest, how many people actually use 4th order subtitles? Most of the teachers and professors I know don't even know what they are! Most students need to know how to build a title page, the general look of the body of their paper, how to use in text citations, and build a reference page. I cover those major "chunks" of information along with some stylistic advice to help students finish and format papers quickly.
With regards to all of the websites, I have mixed feelings. While there are some trustworthy websites on the internet, many that I checked out as research for this book did not follow the APA guidelines even though they are backed by reputable universities. If you find one that you have checked out and know to be reputable, than by all means, if it makes your life easier, then use it!
- Q. Are you saying that there are some websites that claim to, say, provide proper references in APA, but are wrong?
: Yes, exactly.
- Q. Why did you want to write a book about APA formatting, of all things?
: (laughs) Yes, it's not the most captivating of topics, I agree. However, having spent a good deal of time (and money) in college and eventually teaching as a professor, it was one of those things that I witnessed students struggling with on a consistent basis. APA Made Easy was written for no other reason than to help college and university students. My upcoming book, You Versus the World
continues in that same direction, but in a much more general fashion. I promise, it will be more engaging than an APA walkthrough!
- Q. How has the response been to APA Made Easy?
: As I say in the new version, I have been shocked by how well the book has been received. You have to understand that for me, when I was writing this, I only had my students in mind. I didn't expect to sell books in France, Germany, and the United Kingdom! Just the other day I got an email from a professor at Embry-Riddle Aeronautics University, which was called the "Harvard of the Skies" by Time Magazine at one point. So, I've just been thankful and humbled by everyone's support.
- Q. Why should someone buy APA Made Easy when there are so many other APA supplements available?
: Great question! To be honest, I have not read any of the other APA supplements on the market. My intention was never to compete with them when I wrote this book. I would say, if a student really struggles with APA formatting, maybe buying more than one would be beneficial! Speaking for myself, I have hit all of the major areas of APA formatting in my book and then I also included material that I thought would be helpful for the modern student such as citing a podcast or a website, for example. Students now-a-days are learning in such diverse ways that I thought it was appropriate to tailor the book toward them.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.