Espanol Activo is a four-book series designed for use in middle school/junior high classes (5-8 grades). The series allows for a wide range of techniques normally used in teaching Spanish. Each book has 12 lessons, 4 review sections and a vocabulary list, with space for translation, at the back of each book.
The lessons integrate curricular content as Spanish is tied to the educational process of learners according to their age group. The texts stimulate student interest and are presented in varied forms through dialogues, letters, interviews, humorous stories, etc. The texts present situations drawn from day-to-day life.
The lessons present the following parts
* Comprendiendo el Texto (understanding the text): A text or dialogue with questions to verify reading comprehension.
* Practicando los Dilogos (practicing the dialogues): Oral practice in pairs, with set dialogues or dialogues to be completed by students. This practice is related to a text, a picture or a topic of general interest.
* Ampliando el Vocabulario (expanding vocabulary): Introduction of additional words, related to the lesson theme, through pictures, drawings and written exercises.
* Haciendo Cosas Prcticas (doing practical things): Written work that includes filling out forms, doing interviews and writing messages and letters.
* Construyendo la Gramtica (building up grammar): Structural content is presented in a way that leads the student through the process of deduction/building up of the grammar drawing from structures taken from the texts. Rules are fixed through written exercises.
* Leyendo (reading): Reading texts.
* Jugando (playing): Humorous texts, word hunts, crossword puzzles, all using the vocabulary or theme of the lesson.
All material in the student books is in Spanish. There is a space after each word in the vocabulary lists for the English translation to be written by the student. The cassettes and teachers' kits are exclusively in Spanish. The cassettes contain the lesson texts and reading texts (with the exception of the comics, which are not recorded). The teachers' kits are spiral-bound and have suggestions for written evaluation and testing with answer keys. They also contain an answer key for all exercises in the student books.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Ccls Pub House, 1996. Textbook Binding. Estado de conservación: New. Spanish language. Nº de ref. de la librería DADAX1928882153