Esta edición ISBN ya no está disponible.Ver todas las copias de esta edición ISBN.
Principles of Food Science incorporates science concepts into a lab-oriented foods class. This text shows how the laws of science are at work in foods prepared at home and by the food industry. Each chapter includes engaging features, including NEW Going Green environmental updates and Science Matters articles. Other features focus on areas such as current research, technology, and nutrition news. Through lab experiments in the text and Lab Manual, students will practice scientific and sensory evaluation of foods. They will discover how nutrients and other food components illustrate basic chemistry concepts. Additionally, they will examine the positive and negative impacts of microorganisms on the food supply. Students will also explore the variety of careers available to graduates with a food science background.
· Students learn the scientific method and how to evaluate scientific studies. The text covers basic chemistry including the basic structure of atoms, the different types and forms of energy in the universe, measuring pH, and water’s role as a solvent.
· Physical properties, functions, and nutritional impact of the macronutrients are covered in the text.
· Students will learn about the micronutrients as well as other microcomponents including phytochemicals, food analogs, and additives.
· The positive and negative effects that microbes have on foods are explored.
· Various methods of food preservation and packaging are discussed as well as the benefits and drawbacks.
Special features throughout the text cover environmental issues, science facts, nutrition news, food science history, technology, recent research, international issues, and more.
Experiments at the end of each chapter and in the lab manual include safety tips and lists of needed equipment and supplies. Students employ the scientific method to perform the experiments.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Goodheart-Willcox. Hardcover. Condición: New. 1605256099 Great opportunity to save on this book. We ship daily!!! FOR QUICK DELIVERY PLEASE CHOOSE EXPEDITED SHIPPING!. Nº de ref. del artículo: Z1605256099ZN
Descripción Goodheart-Willcox, 2012. Condición: New. book. Nº de ref. del artículo: M1605256099
Descripción Goodheart-Willcox, 2012. Hardcover. Condición: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. del artículo: P111605256099
Descripción Goodheart-Willcox. Hardcover. Condición: New. 1605256099 New Condition. Nº de ref. del artículo: NEW7.0742254
Descripción Goodheart-Willcox. Hardcover. Condición: New. 1605256099 IN SHRINK WRAP 3RD EDITION NEW-CRISP AND CLEAN - EXPERIENCE AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE - WE SHIP DAILY. Nº de ref. del artículo: Z1605256099ZN