Yes, men wrote the rules of the workplace—but now Amy Henry, the last woman standing on The Apprentice, shows young business women how to make those rules work for them!
In WHAT IT TAKES, Amy Henry, a formidable business woman and national star from The Apprentice, shares her experiences, skills, and in-your-face advice for moving up in today’s workplace. Throughout her impressive ten-year business career, mostly in male-dominated industries, Amy has learned how women can succeed by using the strategies men use every day, and by thinking of femininity as an asset, not a liability.
WHAT IT TAKES is packed with real-life examples and practical advice and strategies, including:
· Don’t cry in the boardroom—manage your emotions
· Yes, there is an Old Boys network—join it on your terms
· Speak up—confidence isn’t arrogance
· Use charm—your personality is an asset
· Brag—broadcast your accomplishments
· Stop apologizing—men don’t do it, you shouldn’t either
· Money—it’s not what you need, it’s what you’re worth
· Mixing business with pleasure—the right way and the wrong way
Hip, honest and controversial, WHAT IT TAKES is the ultimate guide to the reality of today’s business world—and Amy Henry is the new model for today’s young business women.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
What does it take to be a successful businesswoman in today's working environment?
- No crying in the boardroom---use the right emotions at work.
- Know the power of networking---get connected to the right people.
- Negotiate for what you're worth---get the compensation you deserve.
- Make your accomplishments known--- how stealth bragging gets you noticed.
- Speak assertively---confidence isn't arrogance.
- Employ humor and charm---your personality is an asset.
- Dating at work---know the consequences.
- Ask forgiveness not permission---take a risk.
What It Takes is packed with real-life workplace examples, practical advice, and strategies on how to work smart, get ahead, and prosper in today's modern workplace.
AMY HENRY is a born and bred Texan, where she earned both her undergraduate degree (Texas A&M) and her MBA (TCU). She spent numerous years working for leading edge technology companies across the United States. Amy is building a consulting company focusing on helping women in business.
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Macmillan Audio. Estado de conservación: Very Good. . Audio CD. Case Good. Abridged edition. Quality guaranteed! In original artwork/packaging unless otherwise noted. Nº de ref. de la librería C02C-00008
Descripción macmillan Audio, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A., 2004. AudioCD. Estado de conservación: Good. Buying AUDIO CDs in an original box is always a good value. Unlike library editions, these audio cds are from a private collection. We will also take the time to polish each cd thus ensuring a smooth listening experience. You will receive a nice set consisting of 3 AUDIO CDs in worthwhile condition. Enjoy this listening experience on polished audio cds and then you can share with a friend. Audio Book. Nº de ref. de la librería 413413413413195