Updating and expanding a critically acclaimed and widely adopted work, this new edition offers a thorough, authoritative examination of empirically established treatments for serious psychological problems in childhood. Providing complete coverage of contemporary approaches and techniques, chapters include such timely topics as accountability in treatment, cultural sensitivity, integrated treatment practices, and new approaches to early intervention and prevention.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Eric J. Mash, PhD, is Professor of Psychology in the Department of Psychology and Program in Clinical Psychology at the University of Calgary. He is a fellow of the American and Canadian Psychological Associations; has served as an editor, editorial board member, and editorial consultant for many scientific and professional journals; and has written or edited numerous books and journal articles on children's mental health, child and adolescent psychopathology, child and adolescent psychotherapy, and child and family assessment. Dr. Mash's research has focused on family relationships across a variety of child and family disorders, including attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), conduct problems, internalizing disorders, and maltreatment.
Russell A. Barkley, PhD, ABPP, is Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Barkley has published numerous books, more than 200 scientific articles and book chapters, and 7 videos on ADHD and related disorders, including childhood defiance. He is also the editor of the newsletter The ADHD Report. A frequent conference presenter and speaker who is widely cited in the national media, he is past president of the Section on Clinical Child Psychology, Division 12 of the American Psychological Association, and of the International Society for Research in Child and Adolescent Psychopathology. His website is www.russellbarkley.org.Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.:
1. Treatment of Child and Family Disturbance: A Behavioral-Systems Perspective, Eric J. Mash
II. Behavior Disorders
2. Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Russell A. Barkley
3. Conduct Problems, Robert J. McMahon and Karen C. Wells
III. Emotional and Social Disorders
4. Childhood and Adolescent Depression, Alan E. Kazdin and Paul L. Marciano
5. Fears and Anxieties, Billy A. Barrios and Stan L. O'Dell
6. Problems in Social Relationships, Steven A. McFadyen-Ketchum and Kenneth A. Dodge
IV. Developmental Disorders
7. Mental Retardation, Benjamin Handen
8. Autistic Disorder, Crighton Newsom
9. Learning Disabilities, G. Reid Lyon and Laurie E. Cutting
V. Children at Risk
10. Child Physical Abuse and Neglect, Sandra T. Azar and David A. Wolfe
11. Child Sexual Abuse, Vicky Veitch Wolfe
VI. Problems of Adolescence
12. Parent-Adolescent Conflict and Relationship Discord, Sharon L. Foster and Arthur L. Robin
13. Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa, John P. Foreyt, Walker S. Carlos Poston II, Allen A. Winebarger, and Jill K. McGavin
14. Adolescent Substance Use Problems, Mark G. Myers, Sandra A. Brown, and Peter W. Vik
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción The Guilford Press, 1998. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P111572302763
Descripción The Guilford Press. Hardcover. Estado de conservación: New. 1572302763 New Condition. Nº de ref. de la librería NEW7.1613019