Elementary Information Security is certified to comply fully with the NSTISSI 4011: the federal training standard for information security professionals
Comprehensive and accessible, Elementary Information Security covers the entire range of topics required for US government courseware certification NSTISSI 4011 and urges students to analyze a variety of security problems while gaining experience with basic tools of the trade. Written for the one-term undergraduate course, the text emphasizes both the technical and non-technical aspects of information security and uses practical examples and real-world assessment tools.
Early chapters in the text discuss individual computers and small LANS, while later chapters deal with distributed site security and the Internet. Cryptographic topics follow the same progression, starting on a single computer and evolving to Internet-level connectivity. Mathematical concepts throughout the text are defined and tutorials with mathematical tools are provided to ensure students grasp the information at hand. Rather than emphasizing memorization, this text challenges students to learn how to analyze a variety of security problems and gain experience with the basic tools of this growing trade.
-Covers all topics required by the US government curriculum standard NSTISSI 4011.
- Unlike other texts on the topic, the author goes beyond defining the math concepts and provides students with tutorials and practice with mathematical tools, making the text appropriate for a broad range of readers.
- Problem Definitions describe a practical situation that includes a security dilemma.
- Technology Introductions provide a practical explanation of security technology to be used in the specific chapters
- Implementation Examples show the technology being used to enforce the security policy at hand
- Residual Risks describe the limitations to the technology and illustrate various tasks against it.
- Each chapter includes worked examples of techniques students will need to be successful in the course. For instance, there will be numerous examples of how to calculate the number of attempts needed to crack secret information in particular formats; PINs, passwords and encryption keys.
Instructor resources include an Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint Lecture outlines, and a complete Test Bank.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción Estado de conservación: Brand New. Brand New Original US Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Nº de ref. de la librería AIND-78793
Descripción Estado de conservación: New. Brand New Book In Mint condition. Shipping with Trackable Method. No APO/FPO Addresses Please. Nº de ref. de la librería 9781449648206NHS
Descripción Estado de conservación: New. Brand New Original US Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery. Nº de ref. de la librería AUSBNEW-78793
Descripción Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. New Condition Book, Ready to ship, Choose Priority shipping for faster delivery. Normal delivery time 3-6 working days. Nº de ref. de la librería 760401
Descripción Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. New Item, Fast Shipping. Ready in Stock., 800 Pages, BUY WITH CONFIDENCE, Note:***WE DO NOT ENTERTAIN BULK ORDERS.***. Nº de ref. de la librería 453382
Descripción Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. New Book, Ready to ship. Nº de ref. de la librería 28742
Descripción 2011. Soft cover. Estado de conservación: New. Ship out 1-2 business day,Brand new,US edition, Free tracking number usually 2-4 biz days delivery to worldwide Same shipping fee with US, Canada,Europe country, Australia, item will ship out from either LA or Asia,kf. Nº de ref. de la librería ABE-8589474887
Descripción Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2011. Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Never used!. Nº de ref. de la librería P111449648207
Descripción Jones & Bartlett Publishers, Incorporated. Estado de conservación: New. Nº de ref. de la librería 3508466
Descripción Paperback. Estado de conservación: New. Brand new book. Dispatch time is 24-48 hours from our warehouse. Book will be sent in robust, secure packaging to ensure it reaches you safely. Nº de ref. de la librería 9781449648206