Following the familiar, easy-to-use at a Glance format, and now in full-colour, Psychiatry at a Glance is an accessible introduction and revision text for medical students. Fully revised and updated to reflect changes to the content and assessment methods used by medical schools, this at a Glance provides a user-friendly overview of psychiatry to encapsulate all that the student needs to know.
This new edition of Psychiatry at a Glance:
· Contains full-colour artwork throughout, making the subject even easier to understand
· Presents schematic diagrams on the left page and concise explanations on the right
· Features a new chapter on Social Exclusion, more coverage of UK health care legislation, expanded chapters on Psychiatric History and Mental State Examination, and the World Health Organisation International Classification of Diseases
· Contains self-assessment material, including EMQs, structured case study questions, and sample OSCE stations
· Includes a new glossary and a fully updated further reading section, focussing on up-to-date reviews.
This book is an invaluable resource for all medical students, junior doctors, psychiatry nurses and allied health professionals who need an introduction to Psychiatry.
"Sinopsis" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Cornelius Katona, Honorary Professor, Department of Mental and Health Sciences, University College London; Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist, Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust
Claudia Cooper, Senior Lecturer in Old Age Psychiatry, University College London; Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist, Camden and Islington Foundation Trust
Mary Robertson, Emeritus Professor in Neuropsychiatry, University College London; Visiting Professor and Honorary Consultant, St George’s Hospital and Medical School LondonReview:
"The chapters are well written and clear and cover the major areas of psychiatry.... The authors have succeeded admirably in delivering what they promise, namely, a primer to psychiatry and a revision aid." (Metapsychology, January 2010)
"Psychiatry at a Glance, 4th edition, is actually very similar in content to the first edition, published in 1995. However, the new book includes a glossary and further reading lists for each chapter. Aimed at a predominantly European readership, it concentrates on World Health Organization diagnostic criteria but also mentions the DSM system, where appropriate." (Journal of Mental Health, August 2009)
"Sobre este título" puede pertenecer a otra edición de este libro.
Descripción WileyBlackwell, 2008. Paperback. Estado de conservación: Brand New. 4th edition. 118 pages. 10.50x8.25x0.25 inches. In Stock. Nº de ref. de la librería __1405181176
Descripción Wiley-Blackwell, 2008. Estado de conservación: new. Shiny and new! Expect delivery in 20 days. Nº de ref. de la librería 9781405181174-1